Paramounts lack of label creativity - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-31-2009, 08:51 AM

Thumbs down Paramounts lack of label creativity

Just something random I was thinking about. First off let me say that this doesn't in any way sway me from purchasing Paramount's Blu-rays, they do provide some of the best A/V steadily, but does anyone else think that they have the dullest labels on their discs? Every movie they put out is a gray label with a missing section of text for the titles. Its sort of like how Sony was at first initially with Blu-rays, all with the same label just a different title stamped on.

Like I said it has no real significance, just I know what to expect every time I break open a Paramount case. A disc that looks just like any other one their other movies.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:02 PM

They might be waiting to pull a "Disney" and list Disc Art as a special feature, especially for catalog titles that are being fast tracked for Blu-ray Disc.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:31 PM

Congrats OP! You found something I care about even less than slipcovers, something I thought that was impossible.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Wasn't it done for specific reasons. I know Disney did it for the DVD release of Space Buddies, but not the Blu-ray.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:36 PM

When Paramount first started releasing on blu after being exclusive, I figured it was because they were rushing out the discs on time, so it didn't bother me. Now... well it doesn't REALLY bother me, but it does give off a very lazy vibe. Though strangely enough it's not EVERY release does this. There Will Be Blood has disc art to it, though nothing snappy, it's better than the silver imprint.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:41 PM

This is the one thing that I've complained about numerous times. Their discs looked like they are burnt.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodskur View Post
Congrats OP! You found something I care about even less than slipcovers, something I thought that was impossible.
haha, aww c'mon now be nice
Old 01-31-2009, 06:34 PM

Cloverfield had a different sliver label....scratched silver label! Otherwise same thing.

Not to go off subject but sometimes BD get crappy treatments...regular DVDs get more "Bonus" stuff (Lithographs, comic books, etc) on them. This doesn't influence in buying BD but still sucks that all we get is just a paper for the cover (Blank inside for some titles) and the disc. At least put something on the inside cover like some titles do (chapters, contents, etc). What's the point of having a blank cover inside? Why not make the case not see-through?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzo View Post
Cloverfield had a different sliver label....scratched silver label! Otherwise same thing.
Haha, that made me laugh. I remember that being my initial thought when I put it in my player.