Disappointment at Amazon shipping BoB :[ - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-30-2009, 08:24 PM

Default Disappointment at Amazon shipping BoB :[

So last week, Amazon had this amazing deal for Band of Brothers on Blu-ray: just 34.99! I quickly ordered one.

It arrived today; when I looked at it from the outside everything seemed okay. But when I took off the plastic wrap, I noticed that the cover was moderately scratched. Quite disappointing, since it looks as bad as my DVD version, which I've had for a few years and loaned out to several people. But it's just a few scratches. Then I take off the slip cover. MAJOR dent in the left corner - the whole corner is pretty much pushed in, and that's the corner that's visible when you put it sideways on the bookshelf!

So at this point I'm thinking to myself, wow, this is really, really lame, but hey, I got it at an awesome price.

Then I open it..... and the cover comes free. As in, there's this rod that hinges the cover to the rest of the case that came free, and now I have no idea how to put it back together again. So now my BoB case is like a cookie tin with its detachable lid.

Wow. Just... wow.

I'm really sad right now, because not only is this the first time something sent from Amazon has come like this, this is the first time anything at all has arrived in such a poor state.

So I go to Amazon's returns centre to see if I can get it exchanged. Well...

Quote:
NOTE: We don't offer an exchange program at this time. However, you're welcome to return the item for a refund and then place a new order for the item you want in exchange.

Also note that we aren't able to offer policy exceptions or special handling in response to comments entered on this page.
Major bummer. So at this point, my options are to keep the case as is (I mean hey, the discs are intact and that's what's important, right?), swap out the discs and put them in my DVD BoB case, or return it and buy it again for 55 USD... as well as risk getting another damaged copy.

I think the big issue here was the packaging. I mean, it was nothing more than a piece of cardboard wrapped once around the case..... :[
Old 01-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Give them a call and say that the package came completely damaged. They should send you a replacement.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:27 PM

I would contact customer service, and voice your complaints about it. See if they can exchange it, or at least try and get a $10 gift certificate towards your next purchase
Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=901888

Do they have a number I can call? I can't seem to find one. I guess I could always use the online form, though.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...node_id=901888

Then click phone, type in your number and they will call you.
The number though is: 1-866-216-1072
Old 01-30-2009, 09:10 PM

So I had them call me. Spoke with a guy named Fred, who said that first they would send out a replacement; I don't return this one until I get that one. Noice!!!

I just hope nothing goes wrong with the replacement. I'm extremely paranoid, so right now I'm worried that I might get another damaged copy, or worse - they'll send me the DVD version on accident!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows V View Post
So I had them call me. Spoke with a guy named Fred, who said that first they would send out a replacement; I don't return this one until I get that one. Noice!!!

I just hope nothing goes wrong with the replacement. I'm extremely paranoid, so right now I'm worried that I might get another damaged copy, or worse - they'll send me the DVD version on accident!
Calm down, you'll be taken care of.