"milk" March 10th? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-28-2009, 07:49 PM

Default "milk" March 10th?

Netflix shows "MILK" being released on Blu ray and DVD March 10th.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:38 PM

I really hope so. I was getting worried this would be a late release because of the no news for it.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 PM

Milk is the best movie of 2008. There is no question about it, with Frost/Nixon close behind, and The Wrestler behind that

The best acting job in TDK didn't even get recognition, and alot of reviewers agree with me
Old 01-28-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Blu View Post
Milk is the best movie of 2008. There is no question about it, with Frost/Nixon close behind, and The Wrestler behind that

The best acting job in TDK didn't even get recognition, and alot of reviewers agree with me
Cool, we seem to have similar tastes. I think Frost/Nixon will easily land in my top 5 of the year. My list looks like this right now:

1. Milk
2. The Wrestler
3. Gran Torino
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. The Dark Knight

Liked Slumdog Millionaire a lot the first time... did not hold up well for me at all the second time. It tries to hide the fact that it uses many typical love story elements -- you notice that more upon repeating viewings.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
Cool, we seem to have similar tastes. I think Frost/Nixon will easily land in my top 5 of the year. My list looks like this right now:

1. Milk
2. The Wrestler
3. Gran Torino
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. The Dark Knight

Liked Slumdog Millionaire a lot the first time... did not hold up well for me at all the second time. It tries to hide the fact that it uses many typical love story elements -- you notice that more upon repeating viewings.
I didnt get to see Torino or Benjamin, but will buy them first day on Blu. My top 5 are

1. Milk
2. Frost Nixon
3. Eagle Eye (alot of people hate that I love that movie)
4. The Wrestler
5. Bolt
Old 01-28-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Milk is the best movie of 2008. There is no question about it
Although I must agree and disagree. As MILK has Oscar writing all over it, and it is at a high altar of splendid in everything, it is not the better ones of the year. Please watch Slumdog Millionare, it overpasses any of the four (4) films categorized for Best Picture at the Oscars.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
Although I must agree and disagree. As MILK has Oscar writing all over it, and it is at a high altar of splendid in everything, it is not the better ones of the year. Please watch Slumdog Millionare, it overpasses any of the four (4) films categorized for Best Picture at the Oscars.
If I had only seen these contenders once, I might be inclined to agree with you. As I said earlier in this thread -- Slumdog didn't grab me the second time. And I was even watching it with someone who hadn't seen it, which usually makes my experience better. Milk actually got better for me the second time I saw it. The ending still gets me.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
1. Milk
2. Frost Nixon
4. The Wrestler
5. Bolt
Its actually a movie to......hate. I don't want to seem rude or disrespectful to your liking, I respect anyones proper opinion. But Eagle Eye is a disaster at every level you look at it, for the mere fact that it corrupts previous chase film ideas of the past decade and are later thrown into a blending machine resulting in a rotten absurd formula.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I didnt get to see Torino or Benjamin, but will buy them first day on Blu. My top 5 are

1. Milk
2. Frost Nixon
4. The Wrestler
5. Bolt
This. I know this is sort of sacriligious, but I really hope this wins the best animated feature over Wall-e.

Also, Benjamin Button is pretty good. Gran Torino is a GREAT movie. Not exactly an academy kind of movie, though, so I'm not surprised it didn't get nominated for anything.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0d View Post
This. I know this is sort of sacriligious, but I really hope this wins the best animated feature over Wall-e.

Also, Benjamin Button is pretty good. Gran Torino is a GREAT movie. Not exactly an academy kind of movie, though, so I'm not surprised it didn't get nominated for anything.
Don't you mean "The Curious Case of Forrest Gump"? Hahaha. Though I loved the film Benjamin Button (superb cinematography, acting, special effects, sets, etc) it is ultimately a 1:1 ripoff of Forrest Gump. You should see the video thats going around the internet. It is in fact pretty true.