? about UK Taken Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-28-2009, 07:27 PM

Default ? about UK Taken Blu-ray

Will this release be region free (playable on US Blu-ray players)?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taken-Blu-ra...3188373&sr=8-3

I have heard nothing but good things about this movie.

I figure it would almost a wash to buy the UK Blu-ray as opposed to wasting money in the theatre (whenever it comes out in the US), liking it and then paying money for the Blu-ray...

How come this has taken (no pun intended) so long to be released in the US theatrically? When I was in Mexico last September this was in theatres there.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
Will this release be region free (playable on US Blu-ray players)?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taken-Blu-ra...3188373&sr=8-3

I have heard nothing but good things about this movie.

I figure it would almost a wash to buy the UK Blu-ray as opposed to wasting money in the theatre (whenever it comes out in the US), liking it and then paying money for the Blu-ray...

How come this has taken (no pun intended) so long to be released in the US theatrically? When I was in Mexico last September this was in theatres there.
According to this thread:http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...am-neeson.html
It's region locked.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 PM

Gotcha! Darn
Old 01-29-2009, 02:39 AM

is it true the US version in theatres is edited down to PG-13?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:41 AM

I am positive that it is region locked-I know it does suck!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStarta316 View Post
I have seen that to be true, the European version was violent as fuck and would be a stick on hard R in the US and the version they are bringing out on Blu in Europe now is the extreme extended cut with more violence and toture included which would give it a NC-17 rating in the US. For once us Europeans have actually gotten the good version because having seen it with all the blood spurting, neck breaking and bone cracking included I can only imagine how much has had to be cut out of it to get it to PG-13
Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 AM

Yeah I saw it yesterday here in the US...I loved the movie to death BUT there is hardly an ounce of blood at all! I hope they release the Uncut version here in the US on Blu-ray. It is so unfortunate for us because this would be a killer movie if it was teh "full" version. I am still mad that this Blu-ray release is region locked
Old 02-01-2009, 10:55 AM

There's a review at dvdtherapy.com ... yes, it's region locked (i'm too young on HDDigest to post direct URLs, but it's obviously under the Blu-ray reviews section)
Old 02-01-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStarta316 View Post

Yup, that's why I refuse to see it at the theater.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:01 PM

I watched it the other night, and I liked it.
Very, Very simple storyline, but the action scenes are like Bourne Identity, and Liam Neeson is fantastic. I did notice there isn't alot of blood, 24 has more. I watched the US release of it, and can see now that this film could have been a hard R if it was the version released overseas. I have the option of watching the Europa release, so i'll check it out and see if there's a difference. There's a torture scene in it, that i'm sure they cut tons out of. Neeson was brutal in this film, you get in his way and he'll shoot you, break your neck, choke you out, or just simply kick your ass.
Luc Besson wrote the screenplay, and did a good job given the fact how simple the story is. I don't want to give much away on the film, but there's a few scenes that I was not expecting, including one at the dinner table with a French Inspector and his wife.
Great movie, and I actually would love to see if they could further this more.