'No Country for Old Men: CE' -- pre-release thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 PM
PeterB

Default 'No Country for Old Men: CE' -- pre-release thread

In a rare double dip for the studio, Walt Disney is releasing a new two-disc version of 'No Country for Old Men' on Blu-ray:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/nocountryoldmen_ce.html

Tech specs will see a BD-50 with 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and DTS-MA audio.

Extras include the same featurettes from the previous release plus a host of new Q&As, TV interviews, audio interviews and other behind-the-scenes footage.

The set will also include Digital Copy.

MSRP is $39.95.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:01 PM

Is there a release date?

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 PM

The extra features list looks incredible. I am looking for anything that can give us more insight into the themes in the film. This thread is just going to probably devolve into another "the ending sucked" thread unfortunately because everyone it seems has to have an ending spoon-fed to them and that's a shame.

This seems like a worthwhile double-dip... a substantial special features package added to a Best Picture film. I believe the initial reviews all said this was screaming "double dip!", so I don't know why anyone is surprised by this anyway. "Stranger Than Fiction" -- now there's a double-dip that's worth questioning.

My rule is I'll double dip on my top 100 favorites, and this one certainly falls into that category.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X
Is there a release date?
April 7th.

I'll double dip eventually. But not until I can get it on super-sale.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
April 7th.

I'll double dip eventually. But not until I can get it on super-sale.
Thanks, I think I'll get this. Love this film, but didn't pick up the original Blu Ray

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-27-2009, 09:18 PM

I love this movie, have the original BD, but I'm not sure about getting this new version. I'm assuming they're putting on the Charlie Rose interview (you can see it on Youtube)
However, if you know the Coens, or see that interview, they are like Cormac McCarthy himself about their own work - vague and elusive. When asked about themes they give out short one sentence responses and say "well, it's up to your own interpretation."

That's okay, but it doesn't make for a very extensive and exciting set of Special Features if you're not going to give us much. They may be like Kubrick, where it's better to sit and admire their work rather than peek behind the curtains.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Former Member

i won't upgrade unless there is a significant presentation improvement, and i was already happy w/ the pic and audio qualities of the original, so i don't think that's happening.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:03 PM

I dont think it can look or sound any better so I will be passing haha
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 PM

Still no commentary by the Coens? I love them as filmmakers but they SUCK for never doing commentaries.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:48 AM

glad i didnt pick up the original.