CONFIRMED: First 6 Star Trek Films PLUS TOS: Season 1 Coming in May!!!!!!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-24-2009, 08:10 AM

Default CONFIRMED: First 6 Star Trek Films PLUS TOS: Season 1 Coming in May!!!!!!!!

ok we now have the compete scoop on what to expect:
all the wrong info threads can be closed.
and imo the biggest news for sure is that the TOS season 1 boxset will contain BOTH the original episodes AS WELL AS the remastered episodes.
for those people not aware, the boxsets of the original series are now OOP and going for ridiculous amounts on ebay and other sites.
can you say GREATEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW INFO!!!!!!
detailed info about all releases!!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

2/16 Daily Column
1/23 Daily Column

EDIT:
May 12th for the US release of 1-6 according to new digitalbits info.
April 28th is the US date for Season 1 TOS

Last edited by Arkadin; 02-16-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:10 AM

I don't see anywhere in the original article that this has been confirmed. Digital Bits says they are waiting on official confirmation which has not happened yet.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:23 AM

there is no OFFICIAL press release that is true.
I said "confirmed" because it is Bill Hunt and if he says he is now able to report "accurate" info from industry sources, well that is "confirmed" as far I am concerned.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
ok we now have the compete scoop on what to expect:
all the wrong info threads can be closed.
and imo the biggest news for sure is that the TOS season 1 boxset will contain BOTH the original episodes AS WELL AS the remastered episodes.
for those people not aware, the boxsets of the original series are now OOP and going for ridiculous amounts on ebay and other sites.
can you say GREATEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
WOw, and I thought I was exited.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:57 AM

Hmmm, I thought the reason for the "remastering" was because it looked "too bad" in high def?Actually, I wonder if the original episodes will be an sd extra. Wouldn't surprise me.

It says it includes the theatrical versions of 1, 2, and 6, but do they include the(way better) directors cuts in each case? They better just put out the press release to end the confusion!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:47 AM

Not a Star Trek fan, so these are easily passable, but the new movie looks good because of its cast.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:56 AM

I wish they'd put out seasons 2 & 3 already.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:58 AM

I will grab TOS, but will probably wait on the movies.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:16 PM

Side note, I freaking hate the digital bits... When is that jerk of a digital media reporter going to realize that white on black burns your eyes out?

Anyway high on my list of things is that 6 disc movie pack for the time being... Pricing dependant.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
Side note, I freaking hate the digital bits... When is that jerk of a digital media reporter going to realize that white on black burns your eyes out?
Normally I will defend Bill Hunt, but in this case, I agree with you whole-heartedly. Even after going to The Digital Bits for several years, I still get thrown off after reading his site and then going to another site and seeing shimmering horizontal white and gray lines.

Anyway, I have the three season sets of the original show on S-DVD, but I'm still excited if Bill's right about both the original and remastered versions being included. (That is, if the extras from the original sets are also ported over, or at least what is there covers the same ground.)