‘Austin Powers Collection’ - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Default ‘Austin Powers Collection’ - High-Def Digest Review

Ken's review of the 'Austin Powers Collection' has been posted. He says the first film is the best. This Blu-ray collection offers two excellent video transfers (the transfer for the 3rd film is decent), three increasingly strong audio tracks, and plenty of supplements. Fans should grab this one, others should check it out first.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1730...ollection.html
Old 12-08-2008, 02:01 PM

if they ever sell them seperately, I'd buy the first one for sure..I can't justify paying $40-$50 for one great movie, and 2 pieces of junk
Old 12-08-2008, 02:12 PM

I don't believe that Goldmember was DNR'd for the BD release, it's always looked different from the previous movies.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:14 PM

Apparently the UK Version has a longer cut of both movies... but the US version has a princess Di joke that the UK version doesn't due to the accident happening close to the release of the second film I think it was
Old 12-08-2008, 02:15 PM

I'd probably buy the first one if they ever release it and I can find it for cheap. I will skip on the box set. thanks for a great review Kenneth.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
I don't believe that Goldmember was DNR'd for the BD release, it's always looked different from the previous movies.
The way the film's textures are smudged and blurred, it looks exactly like the after-effects of heavy DNR, but it's more than possible that it's simply a soft transfer. If anyone has definitive knowledge of the issue that nearly ruins the 'Goldmember' PQ, be sure to e-mail me and I'll update the review accordingly. It won't effect my score, but I'd at least be able to accurately identify the source of the problem. Thanks as always for posting!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satans Puppet View Post
Apparently the UK Version has a longer cut of both movies... but the US version has a princess Di joke that the UK version doesn't due to the accident happening close to the release of the second film I think it was
I believe the UK cuts simply include some deleted material (that appears elsewhere on the domestic discs) in their version of the films. Hope that helps!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Formerly weaponX6282

Thanks for the review Ken! I'm pretty I'm getting this as a christmas gift since it fits the price range of the set limit. I loved the first, I liked the second and I merely tolerated the third. either way, I'd end up owning them all as I seem to be a completionist at heart.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 PM

I dig these films.

As far as Goldmember goes, Beyonce is a horrible actress.

That is all.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:30 PM

As unfunny as its title character may be, I'd still take Goldmember over Spy Who Shagged Me any day.

Spy Who Shagged Me has exactly one funny scene, the opening with Dr. Evil on the Jerry Springer show. That's it. For the entire rest of the movie, I sat there in the theater waiting for something even mildly chuckle-worthy to happen, and nothing ever did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
As far as Goldmember goes, Beyonce is a horrible actress.
Heather Graham is worse.