It looks like FOX is giving Region B the shaft on X-Files: Fight the Future! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-27-2008, 05:43 PM

Default It looks like FOX is giving Region B the shaft on X-Files: Fight the Future!

it seems like FOX only will release this in USA and in Canada. And it is 99% Region locked knowing how FOX operates.

But to only release this in Region A and absolutely forget about there friends overseas is very narrowminded. Anyone know what the hell FOX is thinking by doing such an act
Old 11-27-2008, 05:45 PM

Fox truly are idiots. At least the exclusive region B releases they have done haven't been locked to my knowledge, as some consolation (eg, Hills Have Eyes). No consolation for Region B'ers like me though...
Old 11-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Former Member

How many titles are released in a foreign country that are region locked, that aren't available in the USA?

How many titles are released in a foreign country that are region free, but have no english options?

There's a dual side to that coin you're flipping. Besides, this isn't the first title to only be released in Region A that is locked.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:21 PM

Not that many. And definetely not a big release like the X-Files. Or such a big movie company like FOX. So yes this is unheard of

Will FOX release this in the UK or Germany. You can certainly not order it at amazon or any other website.
Does anyone know if they really are so narrowminded and only release the new movie ti me it does not make sense to only release the new on in europe but over in the states they release both on the same date. something is very fishy here.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Former Member

big release? Fight the Future is a catalog title.

i'm not tryin to give ya crap, don't get me wrong, i just don't think this is the best arguing point. Brokeback Mountain is a MUCH bigger movie than X-files Fight the Future, it garnered Academy Awards, even. Fight the Future has been a $5 bin title for the last 2-3 years, while it was still in print.

Fox is the distributor for this film in most all the European regions, including the 2 mentioned, but international strategies may differ based off popularity in each area. Notice that Fight the Future is still in print/available on dvd in Germany, but is OOP and growing more expensive by the day in the USA.

if the only titles that were region locked B exclusives were, say, BANDIDAS, then i'd concede this to you. but that ain't the case. just because one likes something doesn't make it BIG. it made 83 million domestic. not HORRIBLE, but certainly not Blockbuster levels, even for it's time.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:34 PM

We really shouldn't have this conversation. becaue we should think now that Blu is beginning to get bigger in sales all over the world it should be released everywhere in the world and this shouldn't be an issue at all
Old 11-27-2008, 08:47 PM

I liked the first movie too. Good thing I'm Region A, but I do feel bad for our UK friends, that just sucks.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:30 PM

Yeah FOX is definetely not helping Blu Ray in any sales numbers this way.
FOX sucks!