New to the Blu which Blu-ray disc has the best features? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-24-2008, 10:37 PM

Default New to the Blu which Blu-ray disc has the best features?

In your guys opinion which blu-ray disc has the best most elaborate supplements?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:40 PM

Pixar's Ratatouille & Wall-E
Bladerunner
Godfather 4 Disc set
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
The Dark Knight

You can also sort the reviews by rating of the extras and get a more comprehensive list.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Pixar's Ratatouille & Wall-E

You can also sort the reviews by rating of the extras and get a more comprehensive list.
Thanks for that tip Doc. Is this Docholliday from OS?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:56 PM

Yep blade runner and wall-e are great releases.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:41 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Wanted, Hellboy 2.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:21 AM

Forgetting Sarah Marshall FTW!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplej96 View Post
In your guys opinion which blu-ray disc has the best most elaborate supplements?
What's up triplej, its GeonosisX/Candymangt from OS and my own site where we promoted your movie over the summer. Welcome to the site and to Blu-ray.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:29 PM

You can look at the reviews on this site sorted by content exclusive to the format, and by general overall extra content, if you want.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondmediaonline.com View Post
What's up triplej, its GeonosisX/Candymangt from OS and my own site where we promoted your movie over the summer. Welcome to the site and to Blu-ray.
Hey candyman! Very cool you are on here too. Thanks for the promotion too I've sold a 100 of them. Did you read that thread I posted at OS? I just got finished working on a huge FIlM!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 AM

The first respondent recommended 300 among the titles listed but I was disappointed with them. I guess that's why Warner has decided a better edition of it soon... so I'd hold up on buying that since that original edition is about to be replaced.

I do agree with his listing of Bladerunner (4 discs!!) and Wall-E (the feature-length Pixar Story alone is worthy of being released as its own title -- it's that entertaining and informative).

Others I would add are:

--Transformers
--Planet of the Apes 1968 (contains a nearly two-hour doc on the making of the entire POTA series plus numerous other featurettes and commentaries)
--Young Frankenstein (two great docs and other special features -- pretty loaded for a classic catalog release that was released with practically no fanfare recently)
--Hellboy II: The Golden Army
--Close Encounters of the Third Kind (3 cuts of the film and a thorough doc, among other things)
--Forgetting Sarah Marshall, 40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, Knocked Up (all the Judd Apatow comedies are usually loaded with great and funny features)
--How the West Was Won (features the Cinerama version of the film on a second disc plus the excellent doc about this history of Cinerama)
--LA Confidential (contains the TV pilot and 3 docs about the movie)
--Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
--Sleeping Beauty
--Texas Chainsaw Massacre (all the features from the DVD steelbook plus blu-ray exclusives)
--Troy: Directors Cut