Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM

Was this even in theaters?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:46 PM

Yes, in Sept.

Im surprised they aren't waiting until next Halloween
Old 11-20-2008, 06:08 PM

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14401/
Quote:
In a land of mad scientists and diabolical inventions, one lowly lab assistant has a chance to achieve his dreams in Igor, debuting on DVD and Blu-ray Disc January 20th from MGM Home Entertainment. The IGOR DVD is presented in widescreen and full screen with English Dolby Surround 5.1 sound and includes bonus features such as deleted scenes, bloopers and “Be An Igor” featurette. Entertaining for children and adults alike, the IGOR DVD will be available for a suggested retail price of $17.99 U.S. The IGOR Blu-ray Disc is presented in widescreen and features an alternate opening scene and commentary by Director Tony Leondis, writer Chris McKenna and producer Max Howard and will be available for a suggested retail price of $39.99. Prebook is December 31st.

This hilarious animated twist on the classic monster movie is must-see family fun! Determined to prove he can create his own diabolical invention, a mad scientist’s (John Cleese) nice-guy assistant, Igor (John Cusack), creates a female Franken-monster. But his creation, Eva (Molly Shannon), is sweet and sings show tunes! That is, until she falls into the clutches of Dr. Schadenfreude (Eddie Izzard) and his shape-shifting girlfriend (Jennifer Coolidge). Now it’s up to Igor and his sidekicks (Steve Buscemi and Sean Hayes) to save Eva – and their country – from real evildoers, including sneaky Prince Malpert (Jay Leno)!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Was this even in theaters?
Yes it was, unfortunately it didnt call to peoples attention. It was rather enjoyable compared to other poor animations such as Fly Me to the Moon and Space Chimps, there is a lot of reference with Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dome but overall it is worth a purchase.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:33 PM

Never heard of it.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:45 PM

It looked pretty funny and got some undertone/themes too it. Will give it a rent forsure.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:52 PM

I thought Igor was a pretty good movie - as a previous poster said, much better than things like space chimps, or that fly movie.

The biggest problem with the film was that although at times it was well animated there were times I got the feeling the studio said, "o.k. we don't want to put any more money into this, stop now" because it's like they just gave up on any more rendering (is that what it's called?). One shot would look fully realised and the next would be kind of jagged and pale. There were even a couple of scenes that looked re-cut at the last minute and voices didn't match mouth movements or there'd be no voice while a mouth was moving.

Otherwise there was quite a bit of witty dialogue and the story was pretty good. I'll be buying this - but hoping that they finished it a bit more since it was in the theatre.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:35 AM

How does this movie stand in relation to other CG movies out there? I know it may not be up to Pixar level, but when I saw the trailer I didn't get a good vibe from this (looked very sub-par)

Is it at least as enjoyable as other CG movies like Surf's Up, Happy Feet, Beowulf, Monster House (not story-wise of course)
Old 01-26-2009, 06:21 AM

Project-Blu Review