Wall-E 3 disk Skip, Skip, Skip - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 PM

Default Wall-E 3 disk Skip, Skip, Skip

I got the 3 disk version at Walmart today and right out of the case all the disk does is skip. Every 30 seconds I would say.
Amazon.com also has 9 people saying the same thing, even after exchanging it.

I would think it is because the 3 disk version only comes in a cardboard case without even a spindle for the disk to sit in, just direct contact with cardboard....But the disk3 also look fine.

Does anyone know it there are 3 disk versions that come in the normal snap cases?
Does the 2 disk version come in a snap case?

I had my parents over and kids, poped popcorn and all settles in front of the Plasma for movie night and this just killed it. (There watching The Polar Express right now to save the evening)

(The case does look nice though)
Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 PM

my 2 disc came in a snap case and all of them work fine.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinMar View Post
I got the 3 disk version at Walmart today and right out of the case all the disk does is skip. Every 30 seconds I would say.
Amazon.com also has 9 people saying the same thing, even after exchanging it.

I would think it is because the 3 disk version only comes in a cardboard case without even a spindle for the disk to sit in, just direct contact with cardboard....But the disk3 also look fine.

Does anyone know it there are 3 disk versions that come in the normal snap cases?
Does the 2 disk version come in a snap case?

I had my parents over and kids, poped popcorn and all settles in front of the Plasma for movie night and this just killed it. (There watching The Polar Express right now to save the evening)

(The case does look nice though)
All the WALL-Es for Blu-ray come in normal, BD-style casing. The 3 Disc for WALL-E on Blu-ray is slighly thicker. The DVD comes in an all cardboard case...is that what you are watching? Or is there a Wal-Mart exclusive cardboard case for Blu-ray?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Did you accidentally buy the 3-disc DVD? That comes in eco-friendly packaging.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
Did you accidentally buy the 3-disc DVD? That comes in eco-friendly packaging.
That's what I am thinking
Old 11-18-2008, 11:16 PM

Yeah, mine came in a 3 Disc BD case, not some cardboard thing. By the way, the discs are a BITCH to get off of that damn spindle. I moved Disc 1 to the back spindle so it would be able to get out easier in the future.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:20 PM

Well, That's embarrassing
I was scanning the case in to show you guys, and noticed it said DVD on it. Disks as well.
Somehow my wife grabbed the DVD instead of the

Now I wonder if I will be able to swap up for the blu since the disk IS defective.

Here's Hoping

http://10.photobucket.com/albums/a13...rent=WallE.jpg

Last edited by MarvinMar; 11-18-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:22 PM

I have the 3 disc Blu-ray, and it comes in a case that is pretty much exactly the same (exterior wise) to the PS3 video game cases. I am very happy with the case, the discs are a slight pain to get off the spindle but this isn't the first Blu-ray I've had that problem with and as long as you're careful, it's nothing more than a minor aggravation.

Speaking of which, anyone know where I can order more of these Blu-ray cases that are the same dimensions as the Wall-E 3 disc case? Because then I could switch out all the cases of my PS3 games for Blu-ray cases, since I store my PS3 games with my Blu-ray movies.

Anyways I've only watched part of it, I have HW so can't finish watching it, but what I watched seemed fine to me. Updating BD-LIVE features or whatever did not seem to want to work at all (felt like Iron Man all over again) so I just skipped that and went straight to the movie.

Oh and btw, at Target the 3 disc blu-ray was the same price as the 3 disc SD (29.99). I thought that was hilarious.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinMar View Post
Well, That's embarrassing
I was scanning the case in to show you guys, and noticed it said DVD on it. Disks as well.
Somehow my wife grabbed the DVD instead of the

Now I wonder if I will be able to swap up for the blu since the disk IS defective.

Here's Hoping

http: s10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/Stryperman/?action=view&current=WallE.jpg
Just explain to them whats up. The BD is more expensive so they should happily do the exchange.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Former Member

Marvin, doubtful. you have an OPEN media product. VERY FEW stores, if any, will exchange it for ANYTHING else, any other sku, period, defective or no. they'll automatically assume something is up.
Closed Thread