'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 AM

Default 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' - High-Def Digest Review

Josh has reviewed 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars.' He says the movie bombed at the box office for obvious reasons. This Blu-ray has nice picture and some decent supplements, but this one is for the kiddies.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1823/clonewars.html
Old 11-17-2008, 02:53 AM

wtf a dolby truehd ex? so is there any difference at all? I thought truehd was already lossless.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyfanboy View Post
wtf a dolby truehd ex? so is there any difference at all? I thought truehd was already lossless.
It is.

EX just means that there is a sixth maxtrixed channel for recievers with the proper decoder... or at least that's what I assume as that is all EX means/meant with ol' Dolby Digital.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:05 AM

Again, I may be a student of animation, but refuse to see this tripe.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:18 AM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

someone might want to let the reviewer know that a movie that is made for about 6 to 8 million dollars and brings in 35 millions is not a box office bomb.
even when you factor in the marketing budget it still made a tiddy profit.

iam not saying the movie is great but to call it a box office bomb just because it didnt bring in the amount of money the live action films did is just not realistic.

and someone might also want to let the reviewer know that the "Funky New THX logo" that is mentioned has been playing in theatres for over a year now.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:31 AM

for myself i liked this ani-clone wars ( like animatrix ) it gave alot of back ground story of many of the main characters that couldn't fit in the main movies...i never went into watching this movie thinking it was star wars 7. but i have to say i feel a stronger connection with the characters....much like animatrix and the extended version of lotr did for me....not saying this was amazing just saying as a star wars fan keep them coming........
Old 11-17-2008, 04:13 AM

I'm glad to find a review that isn't praising the audio. In fact I found the audio to be disappointing. Not from a clarity standpoint, but from the standpoint of a weak presentation. The mix wasn't good and honestly I didn't hear alot from my matrix BACK channel. The laser blasts had very little impact.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU HD DEFENDER View Post
someone might want to let the reviewer know that a movie that is made for about 6 to 8 million dollars and brings in 35 millions is not a box office bomb.
even when you factor in the marketing budget it still made a tiddy profit.

iam not saying the movie is great but to call it a box office bomb just because it didnt bring in the amount of money the live action films did is just not realistic.

and someone might also want to let the reviewer know that the "Funky New THX logo" that is mentioned has been playing in theatres for over a year now.
how many Star Wars are in the top ten grossers? it was A BOMB..........

good review josh! hit everything on the money, was way dissapointed in the sound and for me that mighta been a redeemer...... to an extent.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 AM

Wow, Josh really hates Phantom Menace

I remember originally thinking Attack of the Clones was the better movie between the two, but in retrospect I actually think Ep. II was the worst Star Wars. I mean, NOTHING freaking happens in it until the last 30 minutes- its just Obi-Wan wandering around slowly figuring out this bizarre, unnecessarily confusing clone plotline, mixed with Anakin and Padme's love story, which is about as well written and acted as a Jr. High School play.

One thing I don't agree with in Josh's Review is his negative take on the novel tie-ins. They aren't all literary masterpieces, but there are some really good ones. I'm also a big fan of the Clone Wars comic series that Dark Horse put out between Ep. II-III. Its a bit more realistic and violent than what you get in these kiddy animated Clone Wars shows. I also think the novels and comics add in much needed buildup to Anakin's turn to the Darkside that feels a bit missing from just the films.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:44 AM

Talking

But its THX certified and digitally mastered for better picture and sound so must look and sound better than every other BD since there not THX certified and must come from analog masters.