The Incredible Hulk Playing Issues - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-16-2008, 10:53 AM

Default The Incredible Hulk Playing Issues

I'm having a problem getting "The Incredible Hulk" to play in my BDP-S300 Sony player. I've tried two different copies, and get the same result. The player loads the movie to the menu, I click play, the movie begins the titles then the player stops and begins to re-load the movie. I tried jumping to a different chapter but had the same result. It starts the first few seconds of the chapter then stops, and begins to re-load the movie.
Other movies work fine.
Anyone else have this issue?
Since I have a Mac, I ordered the firmware upgrade from Sony which I should be receiving any time.
Will playing Blu-Ray movies on my player be a crapshoot? Do I have to worry whether or not newer releases will be playable?
Old 11-16-2008, 12:53 PM

I have an S300, and 4.30 firmware. No problems here. Even though it's still one of the earliest players, I have had very little issues. I have yet to purchase/rent a title that would not play, except for a rental of Speed(which ended up being a disc issue, that had to be replaced.)
Old 11-16-2008, 12:58 PM

That gives me hope.
I'm hoping that the firmware upgrade will fix the issue I'm having. I've never upgraded the firmware so it's still running the original firmware 3**.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:05 PM

I posted a 300 playback problem thread in BD Hardware just for these types of threads.
good luck!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:20 PM

Angry Same Situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulderscully View Post
I'm having a problem getting "The Incredible Hulk" to play in my BDP-S300 Sony player. I've tried two different copies, and get the same result. The player loads the movie to the menu, I click play, the movie begins the titles then the player stops and begins to re-load the movie. I tried jumping to a different chapter but had the same result. It starts the first few seconds of the chapter then stops, and begins to re-load the movie.
Other movies work fine.
Anyone else have this issue?
Since I have a Mac, I ordered the firmware upgrade from Sony which I should be receiving any time.
I've got the same "movie start up" problem, but with a Sammy BD-P1400? All of my other 118 play Great, but The Incredible Hulk will not start the movie and will not start any chapter when I press play on the menu.

I've ordered the latest FW update (1.9), but not sure if this will fix the IH problem...any others with the same or similar playback problem?

Ted