Wall-e Blurays False Advertising - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-15-2008, 05:23 PM

Default Wall-e Blurays False Advertising

OK so I got a copy of Wall-e at this place that hooks me up with early release of Blurays and when I looked at the back of the box is says...

AUDIO .. English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio, French, Spanish Dolby Digital

Well its turns out that itīs actually a 6.1 DTS HD Master Audio and THATS IT ! Just like Peters review indicated. This is crazy, how could the but this on the box and then just add whatever they feel like it. What if someone speaks only French or Spanish and bought the movie based on the indications of the back.

If you ask me, Disney has to do a disc exchange program. The copy I have may not be US cause the back bottom left corner has the logo of Canada and a Canadian home video rating logo.

I dont think thats the reason cause the US review version used by HDD speak of the same thing. Im completly outraged about this... what do you guys think.

P.S. This same hookup is getting me a copy of The Dark Knight on November 21.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:27 PM

You know this pre-release version you have is in fact the same as the version that will be released next Tuesday? I don't doubt that a mistake could be made but that sure sounds like something that would be caught and fixed before mass release.

Chris
Old 11-15-2008, 05:43 PM

False advertising is wilful misreprsentation. This is a packaging error. If you dont want the product you should be able to return it.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:50 PM

actually, there've been times when home-video releases have been withdrawn due to packaging error. two examples (both paramount):

"star trek: generations" two-disc set--the back cover art listed trailers, but the set doesn't have any trailers. paramount delayed release by about a week to print new covers that didn't mention the trailers.

"jack ryan" hd dvd box set--the discs were billed as "special collector's editions" with all the extras from the sd dvds, but the discs were actually bare-bones. paramount withdrew the set indefinitely, though some of the corrected versions were eventually sold by online retailers.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:52 AM

I'm guessing that all secondary shipments will have it corrected on the packaging...just like Pirates of the Caribbean 3 did. I don't think they did it on purpose, but quality control should have caught something like that!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Where are you from? The U.S. 3-disc Blu-ray is correct for the most part. The feature film is listed as 1080p High-Definition, and English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. (Should be 6.1 though)
Old 11-16-2008, 12:12 PM

This happens all the time. I have a good chunk of Blu-ray's that have packaging errors with wrong aspect ratio information, wrong audio information, etc.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guypictures View Post
, but quality control should have caught something like that!
They have Quality control?

Some films that have had errors that got to the customer....

Run, Fatboy, Run Actually
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Blade Runner
Good Night, and Good Luck
Training Day
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Rumor Has It...
Letters of Iwo Jima

StarGate (not a packing error but wheres the subs for when the aliens talk?)

I also think there have been a ton of errors with disc reporting they have certain subtitles and not having them and Aspect ratios....

To me, there is no quality control on any films, to pretty much the release date has came around and the studio finally gets off its ass and looks at the discs brought in from China or Mexico... In which they go, damn there was a mistake.... lets change what we are making now, and leave our bad product out there in the public's hands.

Instead of having an actual quality audit at least at the start of production and lot sized audits after that.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:59 PM

Geez! I can't believe a small printing error would cause someone to get so upset! If the disc works in every way that makes you happy, why even get all up in arms over a tiny couple of printed words?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJ View Post
Geez! I can't believe a small printing error would cause someone to get so upset! If the disc works in every way that makes you happy, why even get all up in arms over a tiny couple of printed words?
He was wanting the foreign translations. That was the problem.