Amazon orders entering "Shipping Soon" early ? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-14-2008, 04:54 PM

Exclamation Amazon orders entering "Shipping Soon" early ?

I think that its interesting that more and more Amazon orders are entering Shipping Soon status earlier and eariler these days. My Wall-E entered Shipping Soon either today or yesterday and this usually doesnt happen until Sunday night. This is at least 48 hours earlier than normal. I would be happy and fine with it if it shipped on Friday and got here on Tuesday but somehow I doubt this. I usually have them ship on Monday and I get them on Wednesday a day after release.

I used to have the 2 disk version ordered as well waiting to see if it droped in price since I dont really care about the digital copy. I luckly cancelled it a couple of days ago but if anyone was wating until Sat or Sun to decide is going to have 2 Wall-E versions on their hands arent they ? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.....
Old 11-14-2008, 05:20 PM

Mine says shipped...and the funny thing is, it's coming from within IL...so i'm wondering if i'll get this Monday
Old 11-14-2008, 05:24 PM

My Wall*E did the same thing today. Generally ships Monday, and I get them Wednesday. Fine by me.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:28 PM

You guys are lucky. Mine hasn't enter "shipping soon" yet, but what's worse is that my Hellboy 2 hasn't even been shipped out yet. It keeps showing "shipping soon" ever since Tuesday. It sucks because I've always gotten things shipped on monday or Tuesday.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:36 PM

Only my Wall-E says shipping soon. I'm also getting Tropic Thunder, Blue Streak, and Lucky Number Slevin, but none of those says shipping soon. Maybe it's just a Wall-E thing.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:00 PM
O_o

I got tired of late shipments, so I cancelled tons of pre-orders and cited the reason as "new releases arrive too late." I did this on around 30 BDs. Maybe they are listening to feedback and cancelled order comments. They really should ship Prime orders to arrive on Tuesday of release.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM

Well mine says shipped now and I got the e-mail. Perhaps this will be a trend. The estimated delivery date is Tues the 18th. I always get them on Wednesday so a Tuesday delivery would be nice. I am thinking that with UPS this might be better for them as they have the weekend to move it.

Maybe they struck a deal.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM

Seems like a Wall-E specific thing, but that's good news, especially if people get releases early.

Out of curiosity, can you no longer cancel an item once it reaches the "shipping soon" status? Couldn't Amazon also do this to prevent people from canceling over the weekend when they happen to see Best Buy or somewhere advertising a lower price on Tuesday?

Maybe that's going overboard, but I know more than a few people canceled their Kung Fu Panda order when they found out it was $5 cheaper at Best Buy.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:15 PM

Someone out there is running a commercial stating "Look for Wall-E on DVD and Blu-ray - in stores NOW!" I wonder if Disney just pulled the trigger on early release to avoid backlash.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:26 PM

Wow, mine shipped to