SALES POLL ! WALL-E VS The Dark Knight - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: WHO WILL SELL MORE ?
WALL-E With the BIG upset 6 6.25%
The Dark Knight will define a new era in Bluray sales 82 85.42%
The numbers will not even compare when it's all said. 15 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2008, 02:18 PM

Default SALES POLL ! WALL-E VS The Dark Knight

Im going to go on record for saying that I think WALL-E will do perhaps a little less than TDK but boy, based on spectation and reviews out so far, nobody seems to want to miss out on either film. So what will it be ?

WALL-E : Apears to be the new Demo disc out for Bluray and has an huge apeal to adults and Children. I see people ages 2 and up being a target market. Great Movie increible AQ & PQ, can it pull off the upset ?

The Dark Knight : The most anticipated Bluray ever ! Awsome performance by Ledger surely to stay in our minds forever. Age apeal should be arround 7 and up provided the parents allow for it. But then again no reviews out yet and god hope not but it can potentially not look like we expect ( ie 300 ).

Either way guys what two incredible movies for us this season, add to that Band Of Brothers and the massive rumors that the Lord of the Rings will be released in 09 and it looks like a great end to the year.

EDIT:

Keep in mind when voting the future purchases made when you realize people are still buying Cars and Rat, along with all the Toys that will be produced in the years to come. I can already see 2 years from now kids still doing Wall-E themed birthday party's. Note the fact that the pole refers to the long Hall of things and not first months sales.

Last edited by GearsOfWar; 11-13-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

The Dark Knight will cream Wall-E, despite Wall-E being the better film.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
The Dark Knight will cream Wall-E, despite Wall-E being the better film.
yea, this is a no brainer
Old 11-13-2008, 02:24 PM

Well, WALL E was fantastic, it surely will be a spectacular Blu-ray, but as for sales numbers, its not going to be close to the Dark Knight.

WALL E will sell like Ironman, which, don't get me wrong, is extremely good for any Bluray.

But TDK is going to be in a league of its own.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Warner already claims that one million Dark Knight blu-rays will be shipped, so there's a bit of an indicator for you. Also, Wall-E is much more of a family film, so it'll do more business on DVD.

Dark Knight appeals more to the blu-ray demographic of young males who love technology, electronics and probably own a PS3.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Like Blu News said

In Sales

TDK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wall*E

In Movie Quality

Wall*E>>>>>>>>>>>>TDK
Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsOfWar View Post
Im going to go on record for saying that I think WALL-E will do perhaps a little less than TDK but boy, based on spectation and reviews out so far, nobody seems to want to miss out on either film. Witch bring's me to the conclusion of this poll :

WALL-E : Apears to be the new Demo disc out for Bluray and has an huge apeal to adults and Children. I see people ages 2 and up being a target market. Great Movie increible AQ & PQ, can it pull off the upset ?

The Dark Knight : The most anticipated Bluray ever ! Awsome performance by Ledger surely to stay in our minds forever. Age apeal should be arround 7 and up provided the parents allow for it. But then again no reviews out yet and god hope not but it can potentially not look like we expect ( ie 300 ).

Either way guys what two incredible movies for us this season, add to that Band Of Brothers and the massive rumors that the Lord of the Rings will be released in 09 and it looks like a great end to the year.

EDIT:

Keep in mind when voting the future purchases made when you realize people are still buying Cars and Rat, along with all the Toys that will be produced in the years to come. I can already see 2 years from now kids still doing Wall-E themed birthday party's. Bare in mind the pole refers to the long Hall of things and not first months sales.
Is this a parody thread? It's as if every possible hominym is misused:

"Bare" for "bear," "pole" for "poll,"
and for gods' sakes: "Witch" for "which"?!?!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:37 PM

TDK will outsell wall-e by far.

TDK for the win!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Id View Post

I laughed "two" but I don't think we're allowed to point out others inadequacies in the English language
Old 11-13-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Id View Post

English grammar is not my thing obviously but I was born and raised in Spain, so I like to think It's not that bad considering people like to spell check alot in this country before posting anything. I thought the internet/email were place's where a bit of casual writing didnt cause much distress to fine folks like yourself. but I will go ahead and fix it up a bit for ya ( I mean you, of course ).