Guillermo del Toro hints at retinkered 'Cronos' for BD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-12-2008, 07:47 PM

Default Guillermo del Toro hints at retinkered 'Cronos' for BD

Guillermo del Toro has hinted at a restored special edition of his cult classic 'Cronos' for Blu-ray. Any thoughts, suggestions for this release?
Old 11-12-2008, 09:22 PM

The same as the SD special edition.

A journal, DTS-MA, new interviews, etc....
Old 11-13-2008, 03:32 PM

This movie scared me as a little child, so I'll have to buy it face old fears

Also, this was the work that paved GdT's road to big moviemaking. He had to loan his house to get this done, he was scared to death he wouldn't be able to get his money back, and he (and his wife) would become homeless...

Luckily it didn't, and helped opening the doors for The Devil's Backbone.

Plus, he's from my town, so, we gotta be supportive of his work!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 AM

Cronos coming to Blu-ray, Criterion Style!

Quote:
If you’re a fan of Guillermo del Toro, today is Christmas. That’s because at tonight’s Saturn Awards, del Toro surprised everyone by attending the ceremony and answering a ton of questions backstage in the press room. While most of us would have been happy to speak to him for 5 minutes, he continued talking to us for over 20 minutes!! We literally got so much info out of him that we stopped asking questions. I know it’s hard to believe, but after watching the interview, you’ll see we covered everything you could think to ask him.

During the 20 or so minutes we talked about The Hobbit, Hellboy 3, Frankenstein, Saturn and the End of Days, Death The High Cost of Living, Comic-Con, At the Mountains of Madness, his “Man Cave (his second house where he keeps all his collectibles) and so much more. Trust me, if you’re a fan of GDT, this is a must watch interview. And to make it easy, I’ve time indexed everything we talked about and listed some of the highlights after the jump.

Oh, and one thing he told me off camera…Criterion is going to release a Blu-ray of Cronos in December and it’s going to include a 15 minute documentary on his Man Cave!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:09 PM

Is this a different movie then "Chrono"'s I take it? They have a different spelling right?

I like Guillermo Del Toro though I feel sorry for him. He does look a little squirrelly so I'm glad to hear he did get a wife.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:10 PM

Of all of Guillermo's films he picks this one? Why not The Devil's Backbone?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
Of all of Guillermo's films he picks this one? Why not The Devil's Backbone?
Cronos will be Criterion Collection.

Devil's Backbone is Sony Pictures Classics, and Cronos was his debut. I'm sure Devil's Backbone will get the BD treatment sooner or later. It was announced in the Uk as part of the GDT triple feature.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
Is this a different movie then "Chrono"'s I take it? They have a different spelling right?

I like Guillermo Del Toro though I feel sorry for him. He does look a little squirrelly so I'm glad to hear he did get a wife.
What does "squirrelly" mean? He's been married for a while now and has kids. At least one, I think.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Cronos will be Criterion Collection.

Devil's Backbone is Sony Pictures Classics, and Cronos was his debut. I'm sure Devil's Backbone will get the BD treatment sooner or later. It was announced in the Uk as part of the GDT triple feature.

Yeah but it really wasn't that great of a movie. It was mediocre but the great thing is it was the beginning of Perlman/Del Toro and showed us how talented Perlman really is outside of crappy flicks and tv.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
Yeah but it really wasn't that great of a movie. It was mediocre but the great thing is it was the beginning of Perlman/Del Toro and showed us how talented Perlman really is outside of crappy flicks and tv.

That's subjective, but I get what you're saying. I think it was great. It's a Gothic masterpiece, imo.