Max Payne and Eagle Eye's release date - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-12-2008, 05:26 PM

Default Max Payne and Eagle Eye's release date

Max Payne - Release date is January 20th. Courtesy of http://videoeta.com/movie.html?via=form&id=100366

Eagle Eye - Release date is December 23rd(as rumor has suggested is true) http://videoeta.com/movie.html?via=form&id=96239

I'm very surprised these movies are getting released so early nowadays. But I'm not complaining lol. Haven't seen these 2 yet, but most likely a buy. Hopefully it'll be good.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:05 PM

I'll be picking up both of these as blind buys. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:01 PM

Max Payne for me. I'll rent Eagle Eye.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:23 PM

I'll buy Eagle Eye. Debating Max Payne.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:57 PM

renting both, if i like, i'll buy.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:49 PM

Wife and I liked Eagle Eye when we saw it in theaters, but never got around to seeing Max Payne. Although, partly because I heard a lot of negative things about it. Still, I'm a fan of the games so I am possibly going to blind buy it when it comes out.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:10 AM

I just saw Max Payne last week. I wasn't particularly excited to see it, but I enjoy Mark Whalberg and can appreciate a stylized, mindless action flick every once and a while.

It was pretty unexceptional. Not bad enough to be funny, not engaging or exciting enough to be enjoyable. I just sat there indifferent.

The one thing I did keep thinking was that this film is gonna look and sound pretty spectacular on Blu. But I'll hate myself if I give in by that point and buy it just because I know its going to look great.

Might make it a rental and skip to the demo-worthy bits, though.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:10 AM

I will be blind buying Eagle Eye and I will be buying Max Payne because I ejoiyed it more than I thought I would It was not as horrible as people here and other reviews were saying IMO. Its want the best movie but enjoyable enough plus Milla Kunis proved she could be a bad ass I think that she has finally gotten rid of that Jackie form that 70's show image at least in my mind anyway.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles View Post
I just saw Max Payne last week. I wasn't particularly excited to see it, but I enjoy Mark Whalberg and can appreciate a stylized, mindless action flick every once and a while.

It was pretty unexceptional. Not bad enough to be funny, not engaging or exciting enough to be enjoyable. I just sat there indifferent.

The one thing I did keep thinking was that this film is gonna look and sound pretty spectacular on Blu. But I'll hate myself if I give in by that point and buy it just because I know its going to look great.

Might make it a rental and skip to the demo-worthy bits, though.
yeah i think marky mark's a great actor but i reside in the boston area and just about everyone has the same opinion of him here, but i liked the video game and for a little bit i thought this was going to be the first good video game movie but the reviews state the opposite. i'm definetly going to rent it because of what you said, all the style and the prediction of a great pq transfer. oh well, lets hope the metal gear solid movie (if made) will be the first good video game movie, if they get my man christian bale to play snake then maybe a great video game movie.