'Kung Fu Panda' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-10-2008, 01:30 PM

Default 'Kung Fu Panda' - High-Def Digest Review

Ken has reviewed 'Kung Fu Panda.' With five star video and five star audio, he says this one should be on every reader's shelf. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1738/kungfupanda.html
Old 11-10-2008, 01:39 PM

Well, judging from the review, it seems I made a wise decision on my pre-order blind buy. I have two kids who love films like Cars, Shrek, Toy Story, etc.....so I'm sure this one will please them and me! Freddy
Old 11-10-2008, 01:40 PM

Agree with the 5 stars for both audio/video. One of the best dialogue mixes i've heard. Not once did the action drown out the dialogue and the action sounds are incredibly vivid. A thrilling experience.

This is the only fully CGI title i've seen but I can't imagine any of the others looking any better!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:06 PM

I saw this on Saturday night because as usual Traget around me like to put out stuff early and I think its an incredible Blu-ray. Picture is stunning, sound is incredible and one of the cutest deepest animation movies Ive seen, and I pretty much have them all on blu-ray. MOST OWN BR !

P.S. Speaking of getting early releases I got Hancock last night at BB
Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 PM

One of my favorite movies from this summer - I was already planning on picking it up, now I'm even more excited after reading this review.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:12 PM

This is the first time an animation studio other than Pixar has created a film that can be compared to Pixar. And yes, the Blu-Ray looks and sounds gorgeous. Watched it twice already and look forward to more viewings.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:41 PM

Blu-Dude1976: Fox just came out with Horton, which is quite impressive.

Looking forward to this release, and thanks for the PQ/AQ review Mr Reviewer
Old 11-10-2008, 03:07 PM

Wasn't there also supposed to be some direct to video sequel released with this, or was that only with the DVD two-pack The Furious Five thing I've been seeing advertised?

My only complaint with the movie is Jackie Chan had like, three lines in the whole movie. C'mon Dreamworks! He's voicing a friggin' monkey, and he only gets three lines?!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:08 PM

definitely agree with the review... one of the best movies of the year and a deservedly so top notch blu-ray. It might not itself sell a lot of players, but I almost guarantee that a copy of this is going to fly out with almost every player sold.

edit - modern - it isn't a DTV sequel but a little featurette (24 minutes) that is packed with the DVD. I haven't read anything on the quality of it but that's what Ken was saying, that unless it shows up on BD-Live or as an easter egg it looks like we don't get it...
Old 11-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernTenshi04 View Post
Wasn't there also supposed to be some direct to video sequel released with this, or was that only with the DVD two-pack The Furious Five thing I've been seeing advertised?

My only complaint with the movie is Jackie Chan had like, three lines in the whole movie. C'mon Dreamworks! He's voicing a friggin' monkey, and he only gets three lines?!
Theres been a fair amount of chatter about this. It (the bluray) was listed on some sites a while back (and here) as coming with the sequel, but its not on the blu-ray version, only the DVD. Most seem to agree that if it doesn't come out as a bd-live update (which is in itself unlikely), it won't be seen on bluray any time soon. I was looking forward to it too...

but I agree that its a phenomenal bluray. Certainly the closest anyone's come to reaching pixar's level, and an obvious demo disk.