Kung fu Panda direct to video sequel? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-09-2008, 10:40 PM

Kung fu Panda direct to video sequel?

Is this sequel "Secrets of the Furious Five" included in the blu-ray? I just picked the blu-ray up from Best Buy, and the package says nothing about the sequel. They have them with the standard DVD. I asked a few people there, and no one knew.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:20 PM

I've been looking into that and can't find anything about it. It was originally listed as a special feature for both versions, but seems to have been dropped from the blu-ray. I was looking forward to more of the beautifully crafted hand drawn stuff too... you don't see enough of that from the american side these days. Maybe monday there will be some sort of explanation
Old 11-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

It is not included. And as for it being listed before, it never was listed for the Blu-ray version.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:49 PM

Maybe it'll be a BD-Live feature later on. Hopefully.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
It is not included. And as for it being listed before, it never was listed for the Blu-ray version.
I meant here on high-def digest- I'd post the link but I don't have 10 posts so the system is still afraid I might be a spambot. But on the description of the blu-ray version here (and if memory serves on some other retailers's sites, though not on any official dreamworks release to my knowledge- I never checked) it was listed as a disc feature.

and that doesn't answer the question. we bought the blu-ray, we know its not on there. the question is, why?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

um the op actually asked if its on there, not why its not on there as it seems he wasnt sure or not based on the packaging. A lot of people assumed it would be coming, but only ever announced for DVD release.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAndonuts View Post
Maybe it'll be a BD-Live feature later on. Hopefully.
that might work. Would be a good use of the bd-live feature. To be honest, I'd have gladly paid a little more for a special edition version with the sequel. I suppose it could also be a chance to double dip, but why release it on dvd then?
Old 11-10-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
um the op actually asked if its on there, not why its not on there as it seems he wasnt sure or not based on the packaging. A lot of people assumed it would be coming, but only ever announced for DVD release.
why is this suddenly an argument? I didn't mean to provoke you. and I'm still not sure what announcement you're referring to. I have no doubt that you know more about this than me, I'm just trying to figure out when I'll be able to get my hands on this thing in blu-ray
Old 11-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

what argument LOL?
The announcement I'm referring to is Kung Fu Panda DVD also available as a 2-pack with the short.

It is just a promotion tool for the DVD basically, and it could have just been included with the DVD, but would take away the added value consumers see. I have no idea why they didn't announce a Blu-ray release as well, but maybe we could see it as a BD-Live feature, although who knows. Its kind of like Shrek The Halls coming to DVD and not Blu-ray, although that is more understandable than not including a short that could have probably been included one way or another with the Blu-ray version.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:39 AM

at best buy, our price tag for the blu version says "bd-Kung cu panda double pack".