Is there going to be a Batman Begins and Dark Knight bundle? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Default Is there going to be a Batman Begins and Dark Knight bundle?

I'm wondering if I should wait and see if there's a deal where I can get the two together or if I should pick up the Blu-ray version of Begins for $13 and pick up the Dark Knight when it's released.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Former Member

it's a good question. so far no store has announced a bundle pack, but there may be some discount pricing week of release. considering we're about a month away, if it ain't in the works already, we may not see it.

considering they used BB on blu as a ramp in for TDK w/ the epilogue, i doubt it, though.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 PM

the week of a sequal being released usually sees the previous movies on sale, so even if there isn't a bundle, i would say you have a good chance of getting a deal on batman begins
Old 11-02-2008, 01:33 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knight-Batma.../dp/B001GMALGY

Amazon.uk has a special double pack available for preorder, not sure if this will be US released too.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao7996 View Post

Amazon.uk has a special double pack available for preorder, not sure if this will be US released too.

me having really bad OCD when it comes to my movies... that cover would drive me nuts
Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 PM

Hmm that would seem strange if that bundle box isn't released in the U.S. I think I'll wait and see if there will be any special offer. Back when Pirates 3 At World's End was released, I remember there beingn a deal for buying that movie and one of its predecessors.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:

If you notice it appears that will be region B locked by Warner.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
If you notice it appears that will be region B locked by Warner.
Don't mean to get off topic, but I disagree.The Batman Begins UK release was region free --> http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b (as a majority, pert near all, of warner titles have been)

\end threadjack

It would be a nice package/gift as long as as it had normal cases inside the sleeve.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Former Member

the region coding on all the dark knight releases around the world will be interesting. they're all warner, which may luck out for region free (sex and the city and rambo are not 100% worldwide warner distributed, hence, region locked), but you know what? it's all speculation until it's in the hands of the people.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Don't mean to get off topic, but I disagree.The Batman Begins UK release was region free --> http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b (as a majority, pert near all, of warner titles have been)

\end threadjack

It would be a nice package/gift as long as as it had normal cases inside the sleeve.
I was just going by what Amazon is listing, usually Amazon UK is pretty accurate when it comes to listing region coding info.