Blockbuster Doesn't "Get Smart" on Blu-Ray. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-31-2008, 08:13 PM

Default Blockbuster Doesn't "Get Smart" on Blu-Ray.

I work at Blockbuster and we receive shipments on Thursdays. We called distribution and evidently Warner didn't get the Blu-Ray out on time due to "replication issues." So it may be running a bit behind on rental copies. In short, there's not much point to looking for it on Blu-Ray Tuesday from our rental outlets. I also started working for Best Buy as well, and we don't have it in yet either. Hopefully it isn't going to be street date delayed.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guypictures View Post
I work at Blockbuster and we receive shipments on Thursdays. We called distribution and evidently Warner didn't get the Blu-Ray out on time due to "replication issues." So it may be running a bit behind on rental copies. In short, there's not much point to looking for it on Blu-Ray Tuesday from our rental outlets. I also started working for Best Buy as well, and we don't have it in yet either. Hopefully it isn't going to be street date delayed.
Reviewers recieved copies today. "Replication Issues" is what I've heard many times over for the past few weeks on several titles though I am at liberty to say which ones and what studios.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Yep, lots of films will and are a few days behind. I love the lenticular slip cover on Get Smart btw.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
Yep, lots of films will and are a few days behind. I love the lenticular slip cover on Get Smart btw.
I agree that the slip cover is really cool.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:37 PM

my copy shipped from warner, i should have it monday
Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Formerly candymangt

I'm going to watch this in a few minutes, but my biggest beef is yet another Warner release with DD5.1 audio. Makes no sense as to why Warner continues to do this. I just see double dip written all over this.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I know, and the 3-disc releases are so dumb imo. I can understand the film and the digital copy, but a DVD game? OMG how exciting.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
I know, and the 3-disc releases are so dumb imo. I can understand the film and the digital copy, but a DVD game? OMG how exciting.
LOL! The DVD game just baffles my mind. Add TrueHD to the disc and leave the DVD Game.

Like we were talking earlier, this case is going to become my new case for the first 3 Omen films. LOL!
Old 10-31-2008, 11:23 PM

The movie was awful so it doesn't really matter.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by -diVe- View Post
The movie was awful so it doesn't really matter.
I thought it was amazing, but I speak as a fan of both Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway.