Bill Hunt (digital bits) says MAJOR titles are coming in 2009 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-31-2008, 02:11 AM

Default Bill Hunt (digital bits) says MAJOR titles are coming in 2009

We have seen the last few days that some good titles are being released. Heres what Bill Hunt said

Quote:
Now consider the AMAZING catalog titles that have been (or will soon be) released on Blu-ray... SIX vintage James Bond films, ALL of the Austin Powers films, Sleeping Beauty, Blade Runner, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Godfather Collection, ALL of the Terminator films, Starship Troopers, all of the Planet of the Apes films, all of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, Casablanca, How the West Was Won, L.A. Confidential, JFK, all of The Matrix films, FIVE Stanley Kubrick films including 2001, The Nightmare Before Christmas, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, the Omen films, Bonnie and Clyde, the Die Hard films, ID4, the Mission: Impossible films, Dawn of the Dead, the Dirty Harry films, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Superman and the Superman II: Director's Cut, the Spider-Man films and on, and on, and on.

In his piece, Harris claims there are few quirky indie films on the format - are you KIDDING me?! Has he seen Transsiberian, Sukiyaki Western Django, Mongol, Kiss of the Spider Woman, Persepolis, Shinobi or any of the MANY such titles now available or coming soon? What about the documentary titles? Baraka, Planet Earth? The TV titles? Heroes, Lost, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Torchwood, Pushing Daisies, Band of Brothers?

You think all of those titles are impressive? Look at the tip of the iceberg of what's coming next year: The Star Trek films, Braveheart, Pinocchio, The Lord of the Rings films, King Kong (1933), The Wizard of Oz, Ben Hur, North by Northwest, the Ghostbusters films, Lawrence of Arabia, Gone with the Wind, the Rush Hour films, The French Connection, Napoleon Dynamite, Office Space, Raging Bull, Ronin, the new Battlestar Galactica TV series and HUNDREDS of others. That's just scratching the surface. There are titles that I KNOW FOR A FACT are in the works for release on Blu-ray in 2009 that will blow your minds, but I can't mention them by name yet. MAJOR catalog releases. For god's sake, folks... The Final Countdown is on Blu-ray! Are you kidding me?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:13 AM

Bournes coming
good news indeed
Old 10-31-2008, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Blu View Post
You think all of those titles are impressive? Look at the tip of the iceberg of what's coming next year: The Star Trek films, Braveheart, Pinocchio, The Lord of the Rings films, King Kong (1933), The Wizard of Oz, Ben Hur, North by Northwest, the Ghostbusters films, Lawrence of Arabia, Gone with the Wind, the Rush Hour films, The French Connection, Napoleon Dynamite, Office Space, Raging Bull, Ronin, the new Battlestar Galactica TV series and HUNDREDS of others.
ORLY? That's what stood out for me!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefinger View Post
ORLY? That's what stood out for me!
Well the first one was semi announced about a month ago. Its in the Poltergeist booklet thing. Im just hoping its not a Digitalbook, which it sounds like it will be
Old 10-31-2008, 02:33 AM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

i cant wait for star trek on bluray heres hopeing paramount releases those all in one fell swoop. as a nice boxset. not the release one or two movies every 4 months in reverse order like they did with the trek movies on dvd
Old 10-31-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU HD DEFENDER View Post
i cant wait for star trek on bluray heres hopeing paramount releases those all in one fell swoop. as a nice boxset. not the release one or two movies every 4 months in reverse order like they did with the trek movies on dvd
I will bet they will not be out until next Dec. when the new movie is released on video
Old 10-31-2008, 03:03 AM

I can't wait for the Star Trek movies, especially Wrath of Khan! That's great news. I wish we got a release date for North by Northwest already though. That title has been 'in the works' for a long time.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:15 AM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

december would be fine with me if we get them all at once. though i was thinking we might see maybe the first 6 in may and 7 through 11 in nov dec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Blu View Post
I will bet they will not be out until next Dec. when the new movie is released on video
Old 10-31-2008, 04:39 AM

Bill Hunt has a talent for exaggeration. I love the way he says "ALL the Terminator films", like there are 17 of them or something.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:15 AM

Breaking News! This Just In! Next year, movies will be released on Blu-ray! There may even be one or two that you might want to buy, as well as some others that you probably don't want to buy. I can't name titles or genres or release dates or the names of studios or anything in any way specific, but I just couldn't wait to tell you this exciting news that movies will be released on Blu-ray in 2009!!!!!!