Does Best Buy Have non-Steelbook Bond Blu's? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 PM

Default Does Best Buy Have non-Steelbook Bond Blu's?

Here's the deal, I have a Best Buy giftcard, so I'd rather use that then pay cash. Further, I have heard lots of problem stories about the new Bond blu-rays in their Steelbook format at Best Buy are coming loose/scratching discs. I would prefer not to deal with this/have them fit in with my current normal BD box collection. Does anyone know, since the BB employee I talked to had no idea, does Best Buy sell the non-Steelbook case Bond blu's that just came out? Or am i SOL/have to go elsewhere and pay cash.

I would greatly appreciate ANY help.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:49 PM

I work for Best Buy, and I've yet to see any non-steelbooks at my store. I think that they are only doing the steelbooks for now. Maybe replenishment shipments will come in standard cases.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Banned

All my SB's were nice and attached to the spindle.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM

I also work for Best Buy and have seen/heard nothing about non-steelbook releases yet. All of the ones we have in store are in perfect condition though.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Formerly metsfan1545d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwoodJD View Post
Here's the deal, I have a Best Buy giftcard, so I'd rather use that then pay cash. Further, I have heard lots of problem stories about the new Bond blu-rays in their Steelbook format at Best Buy are coming loose/scratching discs. I would prefer not to deal with this/have them fit in with my current normal BD box collection. Does anyone know, since the BB employee I talked to had no idea, does Best Buy sell the non-Steelbook case Bond blu's that just came out? Or am i SOL/have to go elsewhere and pay cash.

I would greatly appreciate ANY help.
the non sb's are available online at bestbuy.com just choose the versions that dont say "bb" in the title
Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 PM

Just a question, does this mean that the steelbooks will be around for awhile? I'm still trying to decide which ones to get...... how long do you think I have to decide?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:39 PM

I work at BB as well, and nothing has come in yet. HOwever, not a single disc of the ones I bought or we had have been loose. The biggest issue I have is that all 6 of my SBs have been scratched for no reason other than sitting on the shelf. I kind of want to get the non-SB ones due to this, but the artwork just does not look as nice as it does on the SB. Of course, what is the point of great looking artwork if the picture is going to scratch off over time?