Anyone having trouble finding some bluray discs? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-27-2008, 11:41 AM

Default Anyone having trouble finding some bluray discs?

Its been almost one week since Rob Zombie's Halloween and Sweeney Todd came out but not one store (Best Buy, Circuit City, FYE. etc..) has these movies on Blu-ray. I ask someone who works in the store and I just get the same response "That's weird its in the computer but not here, hmmm"

I still have not seen Dark City or Texas Chainsaw Massacre in stores yet. I'm just wondering is Blu-Ray simply not big enough for store to get more shipments?

Does everyone just order blu-rays online? if so whats the best place to do so?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:51 AM

No problems here. Chalk it up to poor merchandising practices of some retailers; they'll get it, but a bit later.

If I don't feel like hopping from one store to another, I usually resort to Amazon. Sure, I'll have to wait a bit for the movies to arrive, but they always have stock.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Formerly metsfan1545d

some movies just never hit stores

an exmaple could be dude wheres my car which came out in august but has yet to hit many stores
Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 PM

I saw Sweeney Todd at Best Buy, Blockbuster and Target this week. (Target has it on sale as of Yesterday for $27.99, which is lower than usual for them.)
Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guypictures View Post
I saw Sweeney Todd at Best Buy, Blockbuster and Target this week. (Target has it on sale as of Yesterday for $27.99, which is lower than usual for them.)
I was looking at Fry's for Sweeny Todd and they couldn't find the 16 copies. I'll have to stop by Target and pick one up.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:59 PM

*coughs* AMAZON *coughs*
Old 10-27-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
*coughs* AMAZON *coughs*
they suck. i preordered the Incredible Hulk two months ago. and i finally got it on Saturday.
~~ i've only had problems with the Daredevil release. i went to two Best Buys, Target, Blockbuster and still ended up ordering online.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairlesswookiee View Post
they suck. i preordered the Incredible Hulk two months ago. and i finally got it on Saturday.
Dude, that movie only came out last Tuesday, and seeing as how you got it Saturday (and I'm assuming didn't pay for faster shipping) in no way does that mean Amazon sucks. You either have unrealistic expectations, or don't understand what a "pre-order" is.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:59 PM

no problem finding Halloween or texas chainsaw massacre. only one I had trouble finding was The Thing and I decided just to order it from Amazon.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benricci View Post
Dude, that movie only came out last Tuesday, and seeing as how you got it Saturday (and I'm assuming didn't pay for faster shipping) in no way does that mean Amazon sucks. You either have unrealistic expectations, or don't understand what a "pre-order" is.
Well if he has Amazon prime then it would suck. For example, I ordered the Descent and it was "In Stock" and its taking 5 days for a 2-day shipping to get to me.