Attebery is offline Member

Default 'When We Left Earth' - High-Def Digest Review

Ken has reviewed 'When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions' and thoroughly enjoyed it. This Blu-ray features impressive video, decent audio, and tons of supplements. Exceptional value for a reasonable price. Recommended.

Full review here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1564...leftearth.html

Nicodimus22 is offline Member

This interests me, but not for $70. I'll get it after a while for a lot less. Thanks for the review.

Tec972 is offline Member

Amazon has it for $39.95. I already have my copy and love it. It's a must for space fans. Although this is a great series, I wish the episodes were longer and more in depth. There is less than one hour dedicated to each program. (Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Shuttle, etc.)

They really could make a monstrous documentary on the feats of NASA and the space program.

I feel that this set covers the highlights very well.

BriS2K is offline Member

so was the US really the first to walk on the moon?? or was it the biggest hoax ever executed ?? there appears to be too much evidence supporting the latter ......
    "If war is in your blood, don't fight it!" -- John J. Rambo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mouUUWpEec0 <--------PROOF the moon landing was a fake...

Sorry but I thought that was pretty funny... I have some friends who believe we never visited the moon, but they also believe that everything in the bible is truthful...

Anyway this was a great documentary... Yes it could have spent more time on each program (especially the Shuttle program) but it's well worth the $39.95 Amazon price... I highly recommend this set...
    Setup Pictures - 92_____SteelBooks - 24
    XBOX LIVE: Ashamed Pegasus_____PSN: Ashamed Pegasus_____ebay: fear_da_turtle

zaphod is offline Member

I'm a complete sucker for space exploration tales and documentaries. I still get misty-eyed at the end of Apollo 13 even though I've watched that flick a gazillion times. This just made it to the top of my Christmas wishlist.
    A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Ken Brown is offline Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by BriS2K View Post
    so was the US really the first to walk on the moon?? or was it the biggest hoax ever executed ?? there appears to be too much evidence supporting the latter ......
    Not sure if you're a fan of "Myth Busters," but they just aired an episode about the moon landing and pretty much debunked every major argument that suggests it was just a hoax (including the seeming discrepancy between the direction of the shadows in the photos, clarity of the boot print, the moving flag debate, and many others). It was a really interesting investigation.

vinnie97 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
    I have some friends who believe we never visited the moon, but they also believe that everything in the bible is truthful...
    Well, to be fair, I can't think of anything that's actually been disproved in said text.

beyondmediaonline.com is offline Formerly candymangt

Beyond Media Online - Get your alternative Blu-ray and DVD Reviews

Arkadin is offline Member

very excited that HDD has reviewed this,
    this is a great series as others have alluded to.
    I watched it on DiscoverHD, and am very excited to order this for only $40.
    thanks HDD for a great review!

gene9p is offline Banned

Default i have it

got it early from tower.com for 38 shipped..it's great for space buffs like me..I'm also a big fan of the THE RIGHT STUFF.....I've only watched discs 1 and 2 so far and I really enjoy it..

bought this last week at the astonishing low price of 34.99 at Best Buy of all places, but was holding off until the set got reviewed here and some personal praise before I decided on keeping it for myself or saving for an Christmas gift. Keeper.

jeffrey r is offline Member

Just a little bump since this can be had for under $30 at DD during the current 25% off sale. Not too many other great deals to be had there on blu-ray, but I thought this was worth a post. I picked one up.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...uctId=47861705

Gaco is offline Member

Oh I want this so much. Such a pain to see that it's only been released with region 1 coding.