'The Amityville Horror' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM

Default 'The Amityville Horror' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter's review of 'The Amityville Horror' is up. He thinks the movie is hilariously bad. This Blu-ray has decent video and audio, but the studio is asking $40 for ZERO supplements. One to avoid.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1087...orror1979.html
Old 10-07-2008, 01:52 PM

I hope we have awards on this website at the end of the year, so we can vote this the worst release of the year. $40???? Really???? And you can't even carry over any of the supplements from the stinkin' cheap-as-hell DVD? The docs of the DVD are more entertaining than the movie itself.

MGM might be the worst BD studio out there. People might argue against that because of the brilliance of the Godfather set, but it's simple releases like this and Carrie that set them back.

$40??????
Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 PM

Looks like a great disc with good price.....

NOT!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Banned

Ouch.

Is it really MPEG4? The title was announced in early 2007 figured it would carry a MPEG2 encoding like all other Fox/MGM titles at the time (Dude, Wheres my Car for example).
Old 10-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
I hope we have awards on this website at the end of the year, so we can vote this the worst release of the year. $40???? Really???? And you can't even carry over any of the supplements from the stinkin' cheap-as-hell DVD? The docs of the DVD are more entertaining than the movie itself.

MGM might be the worst BD studio out there. People might argue against that because of the brilliance of the Godfather set, but it's simple releases like this and Carrie that set them back.

$40??????
i thought paramount released the godfather set? anyway ill just wait for the price to drop, and peter has it all wrong, this movie is not 2 stars. way better film i thought.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post

$40??????
Paramuount released the Godfather.... not MGM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Is it really MPEG4? The title was announced in early 2007 figured it would carry a MPEG2 encoding like all other Fox/MGM titles at the time (Dude, Wheres my Car for example).
I was wondering the same thing....
Old 10-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Paramuount released the Godfather.... not MGM.

I was wondering the same thing....
Apparently HDD is the only site to receive review copies of this film as every other reveiwer I have spoken to have yet to receive theres. I'll check for sure when it arrives since Bracke has made errors before. This came out today, right? I'm sure someone must have picked it up...
Old 10-07-2008, 02:21 PM

With TCM and Poltergeist coming out, this disc has some steep competition.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 PM

i wonder how you would compare the picture quality to halloween blu-ray? Didnt that get a bad review for picture quality as well, and it wasnt that bad!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurri View Post
i wonder how you would compare the picture quality to halloween blu-ray? Didnt that get a bad review for picture quality as well, and it wasnt that bad!
Halloween recieved low marks because the color timing was 'off'. Other than that it's a fairly good release PQ wise.

Amityville on the other hand, I expect, looks truly cruddy. It's a BD25 w/ (most likely) MPEG-2 encoding and terrible prduction values.