'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' - HIgh-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-30-2008, 01:07 AM

Default 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter's review of 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'
is up. He's not a fan of this installment, but says this Blu-ray has everything a fan could want: great video and audio and two discs of supplements. Worth
a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1715...stalskull.html

Last edited by Attebery; 10-10-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:11 AM

It was terrible I agree.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:11 AM

Haha

1.5 stars for the movie itself, thats great
Old 09-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Former Member

:dons asbestos suit for impending freak out fest by fans of the film, future birth defects and cancer:
Old 09-30-2008, 01:18 AM

Although I'm probably going to spend money buying this BD, it's a good thing I didn't drop any money into this film at the cinemas. I'll go into it as a lots of nonsense popcorn flick.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
:dons asbestos suit for impending freak out fest by fans of the film, future birth defects and cancer:
I am about to vent out but punching my pillow is soothing me a bit.

Ok kidding but I think the film is a bit underrated >.>

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-30-2008, 01:24 AM

I donít know if the reviewer would agree with me on this or not (likely not) but unlike the newer Star Wars movies, I actually feel this movie deserves the right to bare the Indy name, albeit the weakest in the series. I had fun with it, but it does has some glaring problems. Regardless of my opinion, nice review. Surprisingly early too, must be a government controlled warehouse somewhere full of these discs waiting to be shipped.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:34 AM

Default a

Dead on review. film was a total attempt at more money and that's about it. doesn't mean I hated it, in fact I had fun watching it but it's flaws are glaring and very hard to ignore. This definitely gives off that stinky Star Wars prequel vibe. Not Lucas/Speilberg's finest hour.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouty View Post
I donít know if the reviewer would agree with me on this or not (likely not) but unlike the newer Star Wars movies, I actually feel this movie deserves the right to bare the Indy name, albeit the weakest in the series. I had fun with it, but it does has some glaring problems. Regardless of my opinion, nice review. Surprisingly early too, must be a government controlled warehouse somewhere full of these discs waiting to be shipped.
Pretty much agree 100%. I had fun with the movie. I saw it with my friend whom I saw the Last Crusade with and we just had a marvelous time. Granted, by the end, we were scratching our heads a bit, but the closing scene left us with a feel good attitude. Was I doing a few /facepencils during the movie? Yeah. Especially during the fridge and monkey scene. But the most important thing was that I had fun. But I can understand the disappointment some people can have, or even the fact that sometimes the flaws are just too great for one to ignore (I'm guessing Peter's case here).

All in all though, at least the Blu Ray/DVD release has been handled well for fans of the movie. I can't believe I did end up seeing the movie three times... )

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-30-2008, 01:49 AM

Peter you are the man!!!!! Very much with you and your film review, I wasn't buying this Indy film at all. Glad am not the only one that hated this movie.