Sony Launches "Museum of Low Res" Website - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
HDD Founder

Default Sony Launches "Museum of Low Res" Website

In an unsual promotional effort for Blu-ray, Sony Europe has launched a tongue-in-cheek website called "The Museum of Low Resolution."

Full Story:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/592

Sony's "Museum of Low Resolution" Website:
http://www.blu-ray.sony-europe.com/
Old 04-24-2007, 01:37 PM

As a Marketing Manager of 10 years, i have to say this is weak.
I'm sorry fan boys but the best products need good marketing and i feel Sony (with all there resource) are just not taking things seriously.

But then this product is not yet complete, so maybe they are just trying to keep the profile light to avaid a public backlash.

They must have some of the worst Project Managers in the business. There concept to realization milestones are some of the worst i seen over recent years.

For example, cause i know the die hards will ask:
Battery fiasco,
Playstation 3 delays
Playstation 3 Gmaes delays
Worst remote controls
The streaming stereo mistakes and recalls
And the USB1 mistake
Blu-ray hardware delays for PS3
Blu-ray Hardware delays general
Lack of software standards Blu-ray
Incomplete Blu-ray product Mainly BDJ

Sorry, i know this is not a slapdown, but this is all fact.

The techie in me wants to support Blu-ray, but the logical side of me wants nothing todo with Sony Products untill they sort themselves out.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:48 PM

Pretty cool little site.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpan View Post
I'm sorry fan boys but the best products need good marketing and i feel Sony (with all there resource) are just not taking things seriously.

But then this product is not yet complete, so maybe they are just trying to keep the profile light to avaid a public backlash.

They must have some of the worst Project Managers in the business. There concept to realization milestones are some of the worst i seen over recent years.

Battery fiasco,
Playstation 3 delays
Worst remote controls
And the USB1 mistake

The techie in me wants to support Blu-ray, but the logical side of me wants nothing todo with Sony Products untill they sort themselves out.
I agree with everything, But the most sickening thing about it all is that the people who buy there products know all this but still continue to buy them and blindly support them.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 PM

Wow, that's kinda creepy. Still light years ahead of any HD-DVD promo i've ever seen though. Pretty unusual.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

Funny, I didn't see The Fifth Element in there
Old 04-24-2007, 03:26 PM

Again, your missing the point Sony.
This site is great for techies and people that are interested in the History and basic evolution of the CD/DVD/HD. But the average consumer, will go to this site and turn away. Where is the movie lists, where is the Hardware lists.

Friends of mine looked at this and said, whats all this crap. And i agree.

How some people can say this is better than what HD-dvd has is clearly wrong. Their supporting site has Hardware and Movie lists, reviews etc.

much more consumer friendly. I don't want to turn this thread into a smack down, but the site serves no purpose to the consumer, so as a marketing strategey, it fails. i suppose it's abit like the product itself, incomplete and not thought through.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpan View Post

Battery fiasco,
Playstation 3 delays
Worst remote controls
And the USB1 mistake

I find it funny that HD DVD supporters harp on Sony for their mistakes/blunders while completely ignoring Microsoft and their tactics:

And most of these are just from this month. There is a reason that /. has a Microsoft tag.

Last edited by paulb; 04-24-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
I find it funny that HD DVD supporters harp on Sony for their mistakes/blunders while completely ignoring Microsoft and their tactics:

And most of these are just from this month. There is a reason that /. has a Microsoft tag.
HD DVD is a Microsoft product?
Old 04-24-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post

people still read slashdot ?