COMA Blu-ray Disc Media/Formats are not universaly compatible. ??? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-20-2008, 02:14 PM

Default COMA Blu-ray Disc Media/Formats are not universaly compatible. ???

I just got the October issues of Wired magazine and in the middle of the magazine is a free blu-ray for Michael Madsen COMA. Here is more info on COMA
EDIT: I just stuck it in my PS3 it showed up in the drop down menu as BD-ROM but says This video cannot be played. (80029940). The magazine ad says Sony recommends Windows Vista Ultimate so i think it will only play on computers.
Quote:
In an effort to bring you compelling entertainment across a new landscape of technology. WIMO together with Sony Electronics and Microsoft present COMA starring Michael Madsen and George Hamilton. COMA was created on the belief that new technology demands original great entertainement.
Watch the exclusive director's cut, presented here in its entirety in stunnning Blu-ray technology.
Sony recommends Windows Vista Ultimate
Blu-ray Disc Media/Formats are not universaly compatible.
WTF is this and why won't it play on my PS3? Now you need Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate to watch Sony blu-rays?
Old 09-20-2008, 03:11 PM

Last edited by junglalien; 09-20-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:34 PM

I would think it would work on a standalone BD Player. Maybe I'm wrong??? I know a few of my friends use only a PS3 to play their movies but they are always having trouble or having to update firmware.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat View Post
I would think it would work on a standalone BD Player. Maybe I'm wrong??? I know a few of my friends use only a PS3 to play their movies but they are always having trouble or having to update firmware.
I haven't had any problems with my PS3. Its the other way around the standalones have the problems. All the attention to upgrades is given to PS3.
EDIT: I'm updating to 2.43 now. Didn't know I was behind. I'll see if it works after the update.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:23 PM

I cleaned the disc real good and it plays!
Its sucks though. PQ/AQ blows 720p Dolby Digital 2 ch MPEG-2
I still don't know what they mean by this.

Last edited by junglalien; 09-20-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:08 PM

Default Strange

That is strange, you'd think for an add campaign like this they'd make sure it would work in all their players since the disk is made by Sony, the program is made by Sony, and most players are made by Sony. I can't get the disc to play on my PS3 either. It doesn't even recognize that there is a BD in. Nothing under the normal menus at least.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vere View Post
That is strange, you'd think for an add campaign like this they'd make sure it would work in all their players since the disk is made by Sony, the program is made by Sony, and most players are made by Sony. I can't get the disc to play on my PS3 either. It doesn't even recognize that there is a BD in. Nothing under the normal menus at least.
Wash it with dishsoap and warm water under the facet. There was like oil or something on it. It worked for me...The disc sucks anyways. The main feature is 25 minutes but I only watched about 10 it was so bad. The menu is 1080i. The main feature is 720p. There are some previews for movies coming to theaters that are also 720p. There are 2 Sony vaio commercials in 1080p/24 and 3 previews of movies on blu-ray disc in 1080p/24. My PS3 has 2.43 firmware on it now. From what I gather COMA is something meant to be watched on mobile devices. It looks worse than a VHS tape.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:18 PM

weird.
I get "Wired" also, and just got that issue myself.
didn't know it had a bd in it.
sounds pretty awful, but I guess it will be considered a "rare" collectible so I guess it's kinds cool that I have it.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
weird.
I get "Wired" also, and just got that issue myself.
didn't know it had a bd in it.
sounds pretty awful, but I guess it will be considered a "rare" collectible so I guess it's kinds cool that I have it.
LoL I thinks it the first totaly worthless blu-ray I've ran across. At least the Hancock preview looked good. This thing is coaster material. Its green like nightvison no detail whatsoever. I don't know what this is supposed to be promoting but they would be idiots to use it to promoye high defintion. maybe they have went into some joint marketing strategy with microsoft since they helped HD DVD so much.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:17 PM

well actually I guess I don't have a "rare" collectible.
just looked in my issue, and it doesn't seem to have one in it.
don't know what's up with that.
guess you're special.