Between the Lines: Sara Bareilles - Live at the Filmore' -- pre-release thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-19-2008, 01:19 PM
PeterB

Default Between the Lines: Sara Bareilles - Live at the Filmore' -- pre-release thread

Sony Music has announced its latest Blu-ray:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/betw...bareilles.html

No specs yet, but expect Sony's usual 1080 video and some form of high-res audio.

MSRP is $29.98, and street date October 28.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 AM

Hum, they used a nice picture in the article
Old 09-22-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandellG View Post
Hum, they used a nice picture in the article
I second that. I came here to complain about yet another non-Foo Fighter musical Blu-ray, but all I could think of was....boobies.

I may have to buy this one. What kind of music is this??
Old 09-22-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1976 View Post
I second that. I came here to complain about yet another non-Foo Fighter musical Blu-ray, but all I could think of was....boobies.

I may have to buy this one. What kind of music is this??
Off to watch some now, I'd like to know myself

http://www.youtube.com/user/sarabareilles?ob=4
Old 09-22-2008, 02:04 PM

I'm not gonna write you a love song...cuz you asked for it, cause you need one!

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-22-2008, 02:21 PM

This is that one girl, that does that one song right?

Anyways is this the Filmore in Denver? If it is that just shows us Coloradans have the best music venues! Holla
Old 09-22-2008, 02:25 PM

hopefully this was recorded later in her tour.... she really grew very quickly into an excellent performer, but was quite meek at the beginning when I saw her opening for Mika in LA... I later saw her open for James Blunt in NYC and it was like a totally different performer... I'll be buying this 100%
Old 09-22-2008, 02:25 PM

Ah shit, scratch that, its philly's filmore... ours is better haha

Well we still have incubus at the red rocks, beat that eastcoast.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:26 AM

Even though I liked "Love Song", her other music is really great. Definitely one of my favorite artists at the moment and I can't wait to pick this up. I swear there is something so attractive about a woman who writes and performs her own music, ala A Fine Frenzy, Regina Spektor, Norah Jones, Missy Higgins, KT Tunstall. I can't get enough.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:31 PM

I believe this was filmed at The Fillmore in San Francisco. I was supposed to attend that concert, but something came up and I didn't make it. But this is a must buy for me.

Even as a guy, I love Sara Bareilles' music. My girlfriend adores her. The sound is sort of soul/pop set to piano, along the lines of Fiona Apple, Norah Jones or Rachel Yamagata. Her lyrics are about love, heartbreak, and her owns struggles as a musician.

I downloaded her song, Love Song, off iTunes last summer as a free song of the week, and I was hooked. Almost every song on her album is good and it was heavily played for months. It's still on my playlist.

I caught her in concert opening for James Blunt, and she's even better live than on her album. It helps that she's pretty hot. But there's an added layer of complexity to her music on stage. And she's a very soulful and energetic performer with a powerful voice. I also loved her stories to the audience about the meaning/motivation for each song. I'll probably catch her again at an upcoming concert in Golden Gate Park, but this title is a definite buy for me.