'Jerry Maguire'- High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 PM

Default 'Jerry Maguire'- High-Def Digest Review

Ken's review 'Jerry Maguire' is posted. He says this is a witty, compelling film thats aged well in the years since its release. This Blu-ray has a decent but problematic video transfer, faithful but limited lossless audio track, and a sad little batch of extras. Worth a look, but a bit of a letdown.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/656/jerrymaguire.html
Old 09-17-2008, 12:33 PM

its not up yet...
Old 09-17-2008, 12:34 PM

now it is
Old 09-17-2008, 01:20 PM

This would have been a rental even if it had amazing video. Just isn't something you wanna watch all the time...and if it is...watch it on TBS or TNT...they're always playin it...
Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 PM

Gooding Jr's Oscar Speech

Yea I was curious after reading about it and it is pretty uplifting!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
Gooding Jr's Oscar Speech

Yea I was curious after reading about it and it is pretty uplifting!
Hey, Ali even liked it.

Yeah pretty touching. Always liked this flick and good review by Kenneth, but I might skip this one since it has a bad PQ rating.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:04 PM

this is a blind buy that i just had to make, ive been wanting to see it for a long time and its always on tv but i hate watching tv censored movies now that i got the collection. i saw that oscar speech i think at last years oscars when they were broadcasted, it was pretty great. it really is a shame that cuba hasnt been around much the last oh say ten years, rt had a "what they hell happened to..." for him last week, i made a bet with my friends that he would come up on that, i made 20 $. i was looking forward to his hopeful comeback in american gangster but sadly his role wasnt as big or had as many scenes as i thought it would. hopefully he can have a big comeback movie like mickey rourke is said to have for the wrestler which comes out this fall, im looking forward to seeing this and im waiting for boyz n the hood to come out on blu, his best movie of his career so far for me (unless this is better i'll have to wait).
Old 09-20-2008, 02:08 PM

Default Jerry good

I received this disc today in the UK and I was pleased with the transfer. It's far superior to the DVD or past video releases. The HD quality is very good. Don't be put off by the rating as this is a great movie that looks fantastic on Blu-ray.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 AM

watched it last night, loved the movie and the pq was pretty good for a 96 film for the most part but there were a few horrific scenes like when everyone started clapping for his mission statement and he was trying to keep a low profile, but for me it was a great blind buy.