'Emma Smith: My Story' Sep. 30 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-17-2008, 07:21 AM

Default 'Emma Smith: My Story' Sep. 30

In what appears to be a late announcement, newcomer to Blu-ray, Candlelight Media Group (a branch off Latter-day Saints) will release their first Blu-ray, 'Emma Smith: My Story' on Sep. 30.
For those who don't know (including myself up until now):
Quote:
Emma Hale Smith Bidamon (10 July 180430 April 1879) was married to Joseph Smith, Jr. until his death in 1844, and was an early leader of the Latter Day Saint movement in her own right, both during his life and afterward as a member of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She was also named in 1842 as the inaugural president of the Female Relief Society of Nauvoo, a woman's service organization which was later reorganized in Utah as a significant branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints under the name Relief Society.
^^ Via Wiki, but thanks to blu-news for leading me in the right direction
List price: $34.99
AMZ pre-order: $25.99

A small pic of the front cover:

And please, if you have nothing to say about the movie, don't come in here and post. Don't try to flood the thread about the religion or anything. Keep it on topic, please.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandellG View Post
In what appears to be a late announcement, newcomer to Blu-ray, Candlelight Media Group (a branch off Latter-day Saints) will release their first Blu-ray, 'Emma Smith: My Story' on Sep. 30.
For those who don't know (including myself up until now):

^^ Via Wiki, but thanks to blu-news for leading me in the right direction
List price: $34.99
AMZ pre-order: $25.99

A small pic of the front cover:

And please, if you have nothing to say about the movie, don't come in here and post. Don't try to flood the thread about the religion or anything. Keep it on topic, please.
This is great news! I would have guessed of these to be the first "LDS ".

"Saints and Soldiers" on
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373283/

"The Work and the Glory" Trilogy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410454/

Hopefully there is more to come.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by view-it-purple View Post
This is great news! I would have guessed of these to be the first "LDS ".

"Saints and Soldiers" on
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373283/

"The Work and the Glory" Trilogy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410454/

Hopefully there is more to come.
'Saints and Soldiers' was released in the UK on Blu. Region free

It's one I want, didn't know it was a religious film, but that still doesn't change the fact that I want it
Old 09-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
'Saints and Soldiers' was released in the UK on Blu. Region free
Looks like I just found my 1st import!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saints-Soldi...1657067&sr=8-2
Quote:
It's one I want, didn't know it was a religious film, but that still doesn't change the fact that I want it
It's not, It was movie made by LDS folks with a LDS main character. The funny thing about this movie is that it was made for 1 million dollars and it as good as any if not better than any "Hollywood blockbuster". ...and it has the awards to prove it.

Last edited by view-it-purple; 09-17-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:42 AM

I bet you anything this movie doesn't feature Joseph Smith's 32 OTHER wives Emma hated the idea of plural marriage, and there was a huge struggle between them. But Joseph told her if he didn't marry other women, as God commanded him to do, an angel with a flaming sword would cut his throat.

I'll check this one out, if only to see if this subject is mentioned. Since it's an LDS company that produced it, and they just LOVE to protect Joseph, I doubt it will ever be included in one of their own productions. It's cool that a small company like Candlelight is releasing Blu-ray, though.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozma_dude_101 View Post
I bet you anything this movie doesn't feature Joseph Smith's 32 OTHER wives Emma hated the idea of plural marriage, and there was a huge struggle between them. But Joseph told her if he didn't marry other women, as God commanded him to do, an angel with a flaming sword would cut his throat.

I'll check this one out, if only to see if this subject is mentioned. Since it's an LDS company that produced it, and they just LOVE to protect Joseph, I doubt it will ever be included in one of their own productions. It's cool that a small company like Candlelight is releasing Blu-ray, though.
I bet they do go into the FACT that her husband was beaten tarred and feathered in front of her while bigots like yourself yanked her sick infant son from her hands to beat her and vandalize her home. The same son who died that night. Where was Joseph the next day after comforting his wife? At work building a Temple for Lord.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:18 PM

I at least made an attempt to mention the film, I'll PM the rest
Old 09-17-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozma_dude_101 View Post

I wonder if the movie goes into why Joseph was imprisoned for no reason other than his beliefs & how a mob stormed the prison & shot him to death in the face.

Maybe you can PM your responses also since they offended me. It did make you sound like a bigot.

This is America where people are free to think & believe they way they want to without persecution from bigots.

As far as the movie goes it's good to see small companies like this releasing movies on Blu-ray.