'X-Files: I Want to Believe' -- pre-release thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
PeterB

Default 'X-Files: Fight the Future/I Want to Believe' -- pre-release thread

Fox is releasing the box office dud, and the original 'Fight the Future,' to Blu-ray December 2:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/xfil...tobelieve.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/xfil...thefuture.html

Tech specs include 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and DTS-MA 5.1 audio on both titles.

Initial extras boast a PIP track, interactive timeline and BD-Live features for 'I Want to Believe,' and more exclusives on 'Fight the Future.'

Expect final details soon.

MSRP is $39.98 a pop.

Last edited by PeterB; 09-16-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:10 PM

Yippee! X-files - in HD.

Any news on Fight the Future making it to BD? I know Spotnitz mentioned that both films were planned for high def release......
Old 09-15-2008, 05:11 PM

Sweet!

I'm in.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:21 PM

This movie sucked...... bad. I love the x-files as much as the next guy, but this was pretty god awful. I would get Fight the Future on blue ray at a descent price, but you would have to pay me to sit through this again.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney7 View Post
This movie sucked...... bad. I love the x-files as much as the next guy, but this was pretty god awful. I would get Fight the Future on blue ray at a descent price, but you would have to pay me to sit through this again.
Was it really that bad? The movie left the theatres so fast I got whiplash, so I didn't get a chance to see it first hand. In an offhand way, can you say what was bad about the movie? Like was it the acting, the story, everything, or was it something else? I'm kind of curious how they could screw this up that bad.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Was it really that bad? The movie left the theatres so fast I got whiplash, so I didn't get a chance to see it first hand. In an offhand way, can you say what was bad about the movie? Like was it the acting, the story, everything, or was it something else? I'm kind of curious how they could screw this up that bad.
No, it wasn't that bad. Was it particularly great? No, especially after waiting 5-6 years for an X-Files continuation. It was basically a decent but not exceptional standalone episode of the series (aside from the character developments of Mulder and Scully which I thought was the one highlight of the movie).
Old 09-15-2008, 06:34 PM

Even though I had a free ticket to see this... I never dedicated a day to it. Netflix-ing it for sure.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:38 PM

It was a really bad episode of the x-files, nothing more. I mean I wasn't expecting greatness.... but.... just to save some people the Fox pricetag on a blindbuy. The movie *spoiler* is about a stem cell transvestite. There I said it.... and the only supernatural part is an old guy stumbling around in the snow for 20 minutes. Soooo yeah its pretty bad.

And don't even get me started on the guard dog... sorry about the spoiler but its for your own good.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:39 PM

IWTB did suck but as a huge X-Files fan I will not be able to resist picking up the Blu-ray. Hopefully Fight the Future comes out the same day. That film was terrific!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:50 PM

Yes it was like a horible tv episode not a movie worthy masterpiece.