'The Invincible Iron Man' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-11-2008, 12:04 PM

Default 'The Invincible Iron Man' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth has reviewed the animated film 'The Invincible Iron Man' and he does not like what he has seen. This Blu-ray has good video and excellent sound, as
well as a couple of extras, but this is no match for the live action 2008 adaptation. Rent this, if you must.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1566...leironman.html
Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Kenneth has reviewed the animated film 'The Invincible Iron Man' and he does not like what he has seen. This Blu-ray has good video and excellent sound, as
well as a couple of extras, but this is no match for the live action 2008 adaptation. Rent this, if you must.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1566...leironman.html
DC / WB seems to make much better comic adapted animated films...i had hopes for this, but it sounds like it falls short just like Marvel's other animated films.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM

I saw this at Best Buy the other day and almost bought it thinking it would tide me over til the live-action flick. Glad I thought twice and put it away after reading this review.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:18 PM

I saw this on SD a while ago, and it was awful.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I saw this on SD a while ago, and it was awful.
I couldn't agree more!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurri View Post
DC / WB seems to make much better comic adapted animated films...
To be fair WB/DC has been adapting DC characters since Batman: The Animated Series premiered back in 1992. On top of that, many of the staffers who worked on B:TAS (even up to Justice League) were also ex-Hanna-Barbera employess that worked on Superfriends/Super Powers Team.

Marvel, as a centralized animation studio, is just getting their feet wet in the animation game. Give them a few more years and they should get to a level where WB/DC is now.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
To be fair WB/DC has been adapting DC characters since Batman: The Animated Series premiered back in 1992. On top of that, many of the staffers who worked on B:TAS (even up to Justice League) were also ex-Hanna-Barbera employess that worked on Superfriends/Super Powers Team.

Marvel, as a centralized animation studio, is just getting their feet wet in the animation game. Give them a few more years and they should get to a level where WB/DC is now.
I hear ya, but its the stories that are just bad usually, and the dialog. Its not the animation thats bad
Old 09-11-2008, 01:53 PM

100% agree, watched the standard last year and it was pretty awful.

Like the posts above I hope they are just fine-tuning these, before the good stuff comes out like, Hulk vs. Wolverine.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Former Member

really....i liked IIM more than either Ultimate Avenger title, but it still blew. it wasn't until Dr Strange that the Marvel animated movies picked up good.

this one is the ultimate pass. i think the review was spot on, that this will be bought up on a whim when people are buying the live action blu, and as a stop gap for these few weeks.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM

I actually enjoyed this on SD DVD, my four year old and I had fun watching it. It is what it is. Decent fun in my opinion.