Cropping issue fixed with Pirates: Curse of Black Pearl? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-10-2008, 11:02 AM

Default Cropping issue fixed with Pirates: Curse of Black Pearl?

I remember many months back when the first Pirates movie came out on Blu-Ray that there was a cropping issue with the movie in a couple of scenes. Basically the movie was pushed up and cropped off the top of the film, or something similar to that.

Disney recognized the problem and set up a replacement program. My question is, I would like to purchase all three movies but want to make sure the Black Pearl copies out on the shelf are the "fixed" versions. Does anyone know if there is to tell the difference? Would those bad versions still be out on the store shelves?

Also, were there any issues like that (or any other kind of problems) with the other two movies?

Thanks for anyones input.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:07 AM

The Trilogy is just being released. I think you should be safe there.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:15 AM

I think that might of been the point to release the Trilogy, aside from Disney making more $

To have the Black Pearl disc fixed up, also to fix the 1080i stated incorrectly in the back cover of Worlds End, in which it really is 1080p.

For Black Pearl, Disney had that replacement where they would send you the corrected disc by mail.

So you should rest assured that this final release is truly corrected.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee09 View Post
I think that might of been the point to release the Trilogy, aside from Disney making more $

To have the Black Pearl disc fixed up, also to fix the 1080i stated incorrectly in the back cover of Worlds End, in which it really is 1080p.

For Black Pearl, Disney had that replacement where they would send you the corrected disc by mail.

So you should rest assured that this final release is truly corrected.

Right, I remember the replacement program, I just found out about the problem before buying the movie and decided to wait until the copies on the shelves were "fixed" versions.

But if both of you think the trilogy will be fixed, I will just pick that up instead. When is that being released?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 AM

On the 16th of September according to DVDpacific
Old 09-10-2008, 11:25 AM

Thank you.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:30 AM

I will give Disney props though. I had one of the bad versions and sent it back to them. I got a replacement within 3 weeks.

Not bad when it took me 4 months to get my 5 free HD DVD's way back when.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Is there a specific UPC or something of the 'bad' ones or is there a date? If I got mine last year around Xmas time is my copy 'bad?'
Old 09-10-2008, 04:14 PM

I thought this release was to coincide with the international Talk Like A Pirate Day on the 19th?
Old 09-10-2008, 07:43 PM

Not sure as I never bothered to get a replacement disc. When a company expects me to send them the defective disc before they ship me the replacement even when they know full well that this was a major error on their part, it isn't worth it to me. They know they messed up, they should send me the replacement disc with a prepaid envelope to send the defective one in. Hell, they should just send us the replacements and let use use the defective one as a coaster. All I'm saying is that a company needs to take responsibility for their **** ups.