'Rudy' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 AM

Default 'Rudy' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth's review of 'Rudy' has been posted. He's a fan and says the Blu-ray offers a faithful video transfer, a technically proficient lossless track, and a worthwhile upgrade from the standard DVD. Supplements are lacking, but he still recommends this one!

Full review here:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1617/rudy.html
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Formerly metsfan1545d

thansk.........
Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 AM

Ruuuu-dee!

Ruuuu-dee!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:56 AM

Who's The Wild Man Now!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:06 AM

I will definitely pick this one up on a sale at some point. Sounds like a winner.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:13 AM

I didn't think it would happen so soon...because I promised myself that I'd commit suicide if this movie ever made it to BD. Let me tell you why this is the worst movie of all time

From Cracked.com

The real life Dan Devine was actually the one who insisted on playing Rudy in his final game. Hell, even when the movie was being made, Devine gave the filmmakers permission to turn him into the film's villain in order to help Rudy, who he considered a good friend.

By the way, ever wonder who saw Rudy play that day and got so inspired he just had to make it into a movie? Nobody. It was Rudy himself who spent a full decade trying to convince studios that his life was so awesome it deserved a movie, before one of them finally relented. That's the spirit, little guy!

I was forced to watch this movie every time there was a rainy day in PE...And I learned that if you whine enough, people will give you what you want just to shut you up...

Worst...movie....ever
Old 09-09-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
I didn't think it would happen so soon...because I promised myself that I'd commit suicide if this movie ever made it to BD. Let me tell you why this is the worst movie of all time

From Cracked.com

The real life Dan Devine was actually the one who insisted on playing Rudy in his final game. Hell, even when the movie was being made, Devine gave the filmmakers permission to turn him into the film's villain in order to help Rudy, who he considered a good friend.

By the way, ever wonder who saw Rudy play that day and got so inspired he just had to make it into a movie? Nobody. It was Rudy himself who spent a full decade trying to convince studios that his life was so awesome it deserved a movie, before one of them finally relented. That's the spirit, little guy!

I was forced to watch this movie every time there was a rainy day in PE...And I learned that if you whine enough, people will give you what you want just to shut you up...

Worst...movie....ever
Worst.. post... ever
Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 AM

5 stars on the movie itself? It's an entertaining movie at best, but CERTAINLY not 5 stars. I'm only looking for technical specs from now on, and even those are slipping. If this thing is 5 stars, I'm anxious to see how the Kill Bills fair in this "movie itself" category.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:04 AM

And yes, LCD is still our misfortune.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead4 View Post
5 stars on the movie itself? It's an entertaining movie at best, but CERTAINLY not 5 stars. I'm only looking for technical specs from now on, and even those are slipping. If this thing is 5 stars, I'm anxious to see how the Kill Bills fair in this "movie itself" category.
Ah, sorry. I get my opinions mixed up sometimes. Remind me what the correct film rating for 'Rudy' is and I'll change it.

I kid. Five stars is just my humble impression of the flick -- take it for what it's worth. Thanks for posting!