Mission Impossible Ultimate Missions Collection - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-05-2008, 03:32 PM

Default Mission Impossible Ultimate Missions Collection

Does anyone know if Paramount is planning on reissuing this box set? I remember they discontinued it after they had left blu for red, but its not been restocked since. Its been sold out on Amazon for ages and copies at Best Buy are at $99! I really don't want to spend that much since it used to go for $50-$60 on Amazon. Well I just hope Paramount gets off their lazy asses and get to work on more of those reissues. I feel like they've been half-assing it on blu ray ever since they came back.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:37 PM

http://blu-rayboxsets.com/bluray1-38...I_Blu_ray.html
Old 09-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

A reliable forum member is also selling it for $55 sealed.
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...ll-thread.html
Old 09-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Formerly metsfan1545d

it was reissued and popped up on amazon for 20.99 but the orders were cancelled due to a price mistake and its been sold out since but its been reissued at all the retail stores
Old 09-05-2008, 04:04 PM

Thanks for the links and resources everyone. But I guess what I was really hoping for is a reissue from Paramount with lossless audio this time around, as I understand all three blu-ray releases are just standard (if impressive) Dolby Digital tracks. Even the HD-DVD sported a DD+ soundtrack. Well, heres hoping they'll release the box set in DTS-MA
Old 09-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
Thanks for the links and resources everyone. But I guess what I was really hoping for is a reissue from Paramount with lossless audio this time around, as I understand all three blu-ray releases are just standard (if impressive) Dolby Digital tracks. Even the HD-DVD sported a DD+ soundtrack. Well, heres hoping they'll release the box set in DTS-MA
Not going to happen.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:55 PM

btw: Paramount is without a doubt the "half-assingit" studio for dvds and Blu-rays, and HD DVDs if you weren't aware.
their track record over the years is pathetic.
The only thing that has saved them has been "Transformers", and I only say that because so many people on this forum don't realize how utterly crappy Paramount generally has been regarding its home video program.
imo they will never climb from last place among the studios we all think about when it comes to bd without some serious changes and effort.
and I highly doubt that will ever happen.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:21 PM

arkadin,

paramount's releases have their share of problems, but the studio has also been releasing and announcing new releases with two bd-50 discs (such as "iron man" and "indiana jones 4") and lossless audio. this is in contrast to warner using bd-25s for new releases and 604 kps dolby digital and universal not including all of the extras on the sd dvd counterparts.