Blu ray Musical Recommendations - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 PM

Default Blu ray Musical Recommendations

I was wondering if I could get any owner insight into the following music-related blu-rays:

AC/DC: Live in Donington
AC/DC: No Bull If anyone has it early
Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City
Incubus: Alive at Red Rocks
Elton 60: Live at Madison Square Garden

I am looking to purchase these and would like audio impression, only. Im not that concerned with PQ, as I am looking for musically-based AQ reference material. I have seen the reviews on here, but would like to hear from you all. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:18 PM

Buy the Incubus one, awesome concert and amazing sound.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM

..And quoting the review haha

"The PCM 5.1 mix is clearly superior -- it could bitch-slap the Dolby with one hand tied behind its back."
Old 09-05-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochild3180 View Post
I was wondering if I could get any owner insight into the following music-related blu-rays:

AC/DC: Live in Donington
AC/DC: No Bull If anyone has it early
Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City
Incubus: Alive at Red Rocks
Elton 60: Live at Madison Square Garden

I am looking to purchase these and would like audio impression, only. Im not that concerned with PQ, as I am looking for musically-based AQ reference material. I have seen the reviews on here, but would like to hear from you all. Thanks in advance!
AC/DC:Live at Donington is AWESOME and I expect No Bull to be just as steller. BTW if your into the goth metal scene Within Temptation also has a BD coming out at the end of the month, however while it appeared it would be getting a US release at this time it looks to be Euro only. Good news is that it will be region free.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 PM

The Incubus one sounds phenomenal.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:51 PM

I'm for sure going to go with Incubus and AC/DC (Donington). Any thoughts out there on the Dave Matthews or Elton John Blus? They are ones that my wife has shown a little interest in...
Old 09-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Saawariya is a musical with an excellent TrueHD soundtrack and some of the best visuals and PQ that I've ever seen.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:24 PM

I have the Dave Matthews blu; great PQ and AQ. Dave's guitar and Tim's guitar are assigned to discrete channels the entire concert, which makes it feel like they're playing right in front of you.

All in all, though, my far and away favorite music blu is John Mayer: Where The Light Is. Let's just say this: I wasn't even a fan of John Mayer before I saw this concert. The AQ is phenomenal and the concert is broken down into 3 seperate sets-- John Mayer acoustic, the John Mayer Trio, and Mayer with his full band.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:12 PM

AC/DC: Live in Donington - Outstanding great PQ and AQ.
AC/DC: No Bull PRE-ORDFERED
Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City - Outstanding great PQ and AQ. [ MY FAVORITE ]
Incubus: Alive at Red Rocks - Outstanding great PQ and AQ.
Elton 60: Live at Madison Square Garden - Does not have it yet.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:12 PM

I have Incubus and Dave. Both great.
+1 on John Mayer, not big on his music, but the fiance loves him, great AQ and PQ for sure.