'Kit Kittredge: An American Girl' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-05-2008, 01:06 PM
PeterB

Default 'Kit Kittredge: An American Girl' -- pre-release buzz

New Line/Warner has announced an October 28 Blu-ray arrival for:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/kitkittredge.html

Tech specs thus far are 1080p/VC-1 video and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround audio.

There's no supplements announced at this time, but stay tuned.

MSRP is $34.95.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:33 PM

once again.... no HD audio track and no multilanguage tracks!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:50 PM

I don't care about this movie but I just have to say:

If this were New Line we'd be getting DTS-HD MA! Now that it's Warner we're not getting lossless....

Warner, Warner, Warner, Warner!!!!! They can't even give TrueHD? It's got one extra - a trailer! Where is the lossless sound - did Warner invent a new disc (the BD-15???) that I've never heard of?

Seriously, how is it that they can't fit a movie, a trailer and lossless on a BD-25? They did it with Eraser and all the other 9/2 titles so why not Kitt Kittredge?

Last edited by Super-VHS; 09-05-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post

If this were New Line we'd be getting DTS-HD MA! Now that it's Warner we're not getting lossless....
thats what ive been saying all along... now that New Line/ Picturehouse have gone down the road all we are getting is trashy audio tracks from Warner. Look at Blow.

I really want them to 'still' provide those great 7.1 DTS-MA tracks, even if its now under Warners contribution.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:

Warner, Warner, Warner, Warner!!!!! They can't even give TrueHD? It's got one extra - a trailer! Where is the lossless sound - did Warner invent a new disc (the BD-15???) that I've never heard of?

Seriously, how is it that they can't fit a movie, a trailer and lossless on a BD-25?
The info sent out says it's on a BD-50, which I think is an error? LOL.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee09 View Post
thats what ive been saying all along... now that New Line/ Picturehouse have gone down the road all we are getting is trashy audio tracks from Warner. Look at Blow.

I really want them to 'still' provide those great 7.1 DTS-MA tracks, even if its now under Warners contribution.
They corrected Blow - it is scheduled to have 5.1 TrueHD... maybe not as good as a 7.1 DTS-HD MA track (not because of codec choice; because of the two less channels) but it's still lossless.

A majority of the announced catalog is getting 5.1 TrueHD. There was an issue with the press releases of many of the announced 5.1 DD titles - LA Confidential, Risky Business, Blow will in fact have lossless.

Why Warner continues to use Dolby Digital on new Day and Date is beyond me. Maybe it's an issue like before.... maybe this will have lossless. Who knows?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:

Seriously, how is it that they can't fit a movie, a trailer and lossless on a BD-25? They did it with Eraser and all the other 9/2 titles so why not Kitt Kittredge?
I just sent a complaint to WB about this exact issue. I suggest everyone else do the same thing.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
They corrected Blow - it is scheduled to have 5.1 TrueHD... maybe not as good as a 7.1 DTS-HD MA track (not because of codec choice; because of the two less channels) but it's still lossless.

A majority of the announced catalog is getting 5.1 TrueHD. There was an issue with the press releases of many of the announced 5.1 DD titles - LA Confidential, Risky Business, Blow will in fact have lossless.

Why Warner continues to use Dolby Digital on new Day and Date is beyond me. Maybe it's an issue like before.... maybe this will have lossless. Who knows?
Yeah I heard Blow was corrected and will infact carry lossless audio, I dont know about Risky Business but I know L.A Confidential was already slated to carry TrueHD.

Also specified on the back cover.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I believe that's the updated back cover, they also just changed the cover art for L.A. Confidential.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
they also just changed the cover art for L.A. Confidential.
You mean this one?

I totally dislike it and so does everyone, the original one was pure perfection. Really classy and professional. This one feels like a one sheet poster for Casablanca or something.