'Flesh for the Beast,' 'Shadow: Dead Riot' - pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-01-2008, 03:00 PM
PeterB

Default 'Flesh for the Beast,' 'Shadow: Dead Riot' - pre-release buzz

Newcomer Shriek Show (a genre arm of Media Blasters) has announced their first two Blu-ray titles:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/fleshbeast.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/shadowdeadriot.html

The cult horror films don't have spec or supplement details yet, but more info is due soon.

Street date is November 25, and MSRP $29.98 a pop.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:22 PM

Great news as Shadow Dead Riot is a wonderful zombie/womens' prison /horror movie but i was hoping for the unrated collector's edition.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
Great news as Shadow Dead Riot is a wonderful zombie/womens' prison /horror movie but i was hoping for the unrated collector's edition.

Both are the uncut editions. I had already made a post on it.

If you care at all the pre-orders are also up at AMZ. $16.95 ea
Old 09-01-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandellG View Post
Both are the uncut editions. I had already made a post on it.

If you care at all the pre-orders are also up at AMZ. $16.95 ea

Done. It would be great if Media Blasters/Shreik show cranked out a lot of discs. 'Women in Fury' would be my next choice.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:15 PM

The sad thing is I have actually seen Shadow: Dead Riot... my advice... that make the same mistake. I'm a big fan of B movies for the unintentional laughs mostly, but I didn't even get that out of it. You'd think there would be a couple laughs for a women's prison zombie movie....
Old 09-02-2008, 01:26 AM

Well, I like Tony Todd, he's the man....the Candyman, that is. I'll at least give it a rent. Also, Flesh for the Beast, I own and it's not very good. However, this is oh so welcome news! Shriek Show does awesome genre releases. Can't wait for their other announcements.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:29 PM

Sorry to bring this thread back but can anyone help me out with a reviews for these?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKMOVIESAREBEST View Post
Sorry to bring this thread back but can anyone help me out with a reviews for these?

I can honestly say that Shadow Dead Riot has the best pq i've ever seen in a br.It's amazing how sharp and detailed it is.
It has an excellent 'making of ' featurette as well.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:18 AM

I bought "Flesh for the Beast" for [email protected] Fry's on a whim that it would be good. I love gory horror movie's with lots of nakedness. I can say that buying this on Blu Ray gives you no advatage over regular DVD. This is the most grainiest flim I have ever seen in HD. I can't tell if it's the source film and/or poor transfer method's but I haven't been this dissappointed in a movie since getting the first version of "Full Metal Jacket". The actual movie was so so. The special effects where decent in a few area's but the make up on the creatures are as bad as the make up from "Revenge of the Living Dead Girls". The actors are a little stiff and campy but I kinda expect that from a B movie production. The story is nothing new and pretty simple. I wouldn't gamble on this movie company again. Not before reading a review or something. I give this movie a solid C.