Under Siege 2 - any word on the transfer yet? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-29-2008, 07:09 PM

Default Under Siege 2 - any word on the transfer yet?

I want to order this on Amazon in the next day or so, but I can't find any reviews up on how the quality of the transfer is so far, and if it's poorly done I may just keep my DVD version. Anyone out there either find it early or see a review up somewhere yet? Thanks.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:55 PM

You are not alone. I'm curious too, though i'm still upset this is not getting a lossless track.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:38 PM

Wow...I didn't know that. I will hold off. These movie studios need to understand that we pay more for these than we do for DVDs because we expect more from Blu-ray than what DVD has to offer. See how that works? In case you missed it:

we pay more --> we expect more.

Are you listening, movie studios? You charge more money for the BD version of a movie and give us the same audio track as the far cheaper DVD? F**K YOU. No sale. Nothing speaks louder to these companies than voting with one's wallet.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
Wow...I didn't know that. I will hold off. These movie studios need to understand that we pay more for these than we do for DVDs because we expect more from Blu-ray than what DVD has to offer. See how that works? In case you missed it:

we pay more --> we expect more.

Are you listening, movie studios? You charge more money for the BD version of a movie and give us the same audio track as the far cheaper DVD? F**K YOU. No sale. Nothing speaks louder to these companies than voting with one's wallet.
ummmmm, the same track as the DVD??? the bitrate on the DVD is 320kbs DD. This is double that. Anything above 448kbps is HD audio, just not lossless. We are getting more. Maybe not as much as we like but it is definitely a good solid improvement over the old crappy mix on the DVD
Old 08-30-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
ummmmm, the same track as the DVD??? the bitrate on the DVD is 320kbs DD. This is double that. Anything above 448kbps is HD audio, just not lossless. We are getting more. Maybe not as much as we like but it is definitely a good solid improvement over the old crappy mix on the DVD
Maybe you're content paying more for a half-assed product. I am not. The people who buy the majority of Blu-ray movies right now are NOT the average consumers, they are hardcore movie freaks with home theater systems who, as I stated, pay more than the average consumer does for the DVD version, and are therefore entitled to expect the best possible product.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:02 AM

Cool, Under Siege was the first BD that I bought. I've been waiting for this for a while now.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:04 AM

Well so far as I know nobody actually had the disc in hand, so we really won't know till the moment we put it in our players. However the artwork and announced specs say it's a DD only release. That is sad even though the DD track on the DVD rocks, just think of what a lossless track would sound like.

Still and all, i'm looking to replace my DVD (actually already sold it) so i'll still get the title just so I can have the HD and i'm sure with a 640 DD track, the sound will be improved over the DVD's 384 DD track.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:43 AM

Bumping in case anyone's found an online review.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:24 PM

Any reviews on this movie yet? For people who has it, what did you think of the Picture quality??
Old 09-11-2008, 03:34 PM

The audio is pretty good though sadly doesn't have a lossless track. The video is pretty good. I think I only noticed 2 areas of softies and the rest of the image was stable. I wouldn't call it sharp, but good. It far outclasses the DVD.

Amazing, i've not found one online review.