Blu Ray Digital Copies - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Blu Ray Digital Copies

Hello,

I've bought a couple of Region A blu ray discs which comes with its own digital disc copies. The problem is as much as I would like to transfer a copy onto my Mac, I am unable to redeem the promotion on iTunes as I'm not a USA resident.

Therefore if there anyway I can bypass this restriction and be able to view the films on my Mac/iPod too?

I live in the UK and so far all the Region B blu ray discs do not contain digital copies, but I hope that will change in the future!

Cheers
Old 08-28-2008, 10:47 AM

On a Mac you can change the region settings of your disc drive up to five times. So I would gather up all those digital copies, change the drive to a Region A, redeem all of them, and then make the switch back to B. It will use up two of your five but if you have enough digital copies it might be worth it.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggytx View Post
On a Mac you can change the region settings of your disc drive up to five times. So I would gather up all those digital copies, change the drive to a Region A, redeem all of them, and then make the switch back to B. It will use up two of your five but if you have enough digital copies it might be worth it.
Hi there,

I had a look but couldn't figure out how to change the region settings, any helpers?

Besides, the problem lies as I have a UK registered address for iTunes, the disc recognises this to be a non-usa address, hence the problem.

Can i just fabricate an american address?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2008, 01:49 PM

Yeah region coding doesn't just stop with the discs :lol:

I had the same problem, managed to get my Dark City Digital Copy though as it does not use Itunes
Old 08-28-2008, 02:12 PM

I wish more people said EFfffffff Apple for these reasons.

DRM is shitty.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylaury View Post
Hi there,

I had a look but couldn't figure out how to change the region settings, any helpers?

Besides, the problem lies as I have a UK registered address for iTunes, the disc recognises this to be a non-usa address, hence the problem.

Can i just fabricate an american address?

Thanks
You can't fabricate one, but you can steal one.

I had the same problem with Juno and Family Guy: Blue Harvest.
What you need to do is google a random hotel address anywhere in the USA. Then go on to the US iTunes store and setup new account, you will need a different e-mail address from your UK account.

By doing this will allow you to setup a US iTunes account, which will allow any digital copies that are iTunes compatiable to be put on your iPod, also you have the bouns of being able to purchase from the US store, of which is much larger than the UK store, Though you will need to purchase US iTunes vouchers from e-bay or any other online retailer.

Hope this helps
Old 08-28-2008, 03:32 PM

Thumbs up cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckster666 View Post
You can't fabricate one, but you can steal one.

I had the same problem with Juno and Family Guy: Blue Harvest.
What you need to do is google a random hotel address anywhere in the USA. Then go on to the US iTunes store and setup new account, you will need a different e-mail address from your UK account.

By doing this will allow you to setup a US iTunes account, which will allow any digital copies that are iTunes compatiable to be put on your iPod, also you have the bouns of being able to purchase from the US store, of which is much larger than the UK store, Though you will need to purchase US iTunes vouchers from e-bay or any other online retailer.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your advice, it worked perfectly

Is there a list of digital copies on this website by the way?