'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2008, 01:22 PM

Default 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' - High-Def Digest Review

Ken has reviewed 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles.' He says the series takes a little while to get going, but it finds its voice enough that he was intrigued by the first season and will likely tune in for its follow-up. This Blu-ray features above average video, less impressive audio, and decent supplements. Nothing perfect, but worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1523...nicles_s1.html
Old 08-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Getting this from Netflix today...can't wait! I saw the first episode on television and thought it was pretty good.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:36 PM

Im gonna get it, since its at a cheap price, but man warner really needs to get on the ball with lossless audio... pretty much EVERY other tv show thats released on blu has lossless audio tracks as standard that i know of.... So why cant warner do the same? if freakin masters of horror and lost can get PCM audio then terminator should damn well get it too.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathofBambi View Post
Im gonna get it, since its at a cheap price, but man warner really needs to get on the ball with lossless audio... pretty much EVERY other tv show thats released on blu has lossless audio tracks as standard that i know of.... So why cant warner do the same? if freakin masters of horror and lost can get PCM audio then terminator should damn well get it too.
Maybe it's cheaper price tag is because they didn't include the lossless audio. It's just a guess, but maybe they saw an opportunity to lower the pricetag by not putting as much resources into the audio quality. Fine with me, picture quality makes more of an impact than audio quality, and the 5.1 mix will likely be fine for me.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Jack Ross View Post
Maybe it's cheaper price tag is because they didn't include the lossless audio. It's just a guess, but maybe they saw an opportunity to lower the pricetag by not putting as much resources into the audio quality. Fine with me, picture quality makes more of an impact than audio quality, for me.
Pushing Daisies is (most likely) going to have TrueHD and it's the same price as Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:51 PM

and the masters of horror volumes are 19.99 at stores and they have PCM audio
Old 08-27-2008, 02:55 PM

Well, it was just a guess.

That being the case...CURSE YOU WARNER!!!!

CURSE YOU!!!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:45 PM

In the review it says that Terminator 3 was ignored. The series starts between T2 and T3 and then jumps forward 10 years. It hasn't ignored it, it just used time travel to skip around the events of T3. I wish I could and get those 2 hours of my life back
Old 08-27-2008, 03:51 PM

3.5 for the Video Quality seems a little unfair to me. It's the same score as Heroes: Season One received and the frequently distracting amount of grain and occasional lack of detail in that put it below Terminator:TSCC in my opinion. The video transfers share the same flaws, with hot whites and softness creeping in in some shots, but the overwhelming amounts of grain in parts of Heroes make a 3.5 fair... I think this is a little better.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Jack Ross View Post
Maybe it's cheaper price tag is because they didn't include the lossless audio. It's just a guess, but maybe they saw an opportunity to lower the pricetag by not putting as much resources into the audio quality. Fine with me, picture quality makes more of an impact than audio quality, and the 5.1 mix will likely be fine for me.
Honestly, the reason why the price tag is lower is probably the first season only has nine episodes. A regular season usually consists of roughly 13 episodes (TV shows most found on the USA network) or 20-24 episodes (regular syndicated television stations like NBC or ABC).