'The Mist' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2008, 02:39 AM

Default 'The Mist' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter has reviewed 'The Mist.' He says the film is a bit of a mess, but offers some fascinating thematic layers. This Blu-ray has a disappointing color video transfer, a sweet black and white option, good audio, and primo supplements. Rent this one first.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/mist.html
Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 AM

What a surprise.

The cg was more than adequate BTW.

Nevermind, if I keep going, I'm just going to pop a vessel.

The Mist rules, and I cannot wait until it is released!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:50 AM

cant wait for this....to go down in price
Old 08-27-2008, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Blu View Post
cant wait for this....to go down in price
Bah, don't be a woman, you're getting two versions of the film.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:57 AM

It's funny...I actually liked the ending, but didn't care for the majority of film. It was all rather cliche, and mildly unrewarding. The actions of everyone was rather predictable, and it didn't seem to have any characters worth connecting with. So to hear others prefer the majority, but hate the ending of it...just kind of amuses me.

To me, the ending was the only thing the wasn't cliche. I just wished the rest of the film up to that point shared its balls.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Bah, don't be a woman, you're getting two versions of the film.
Im on a money leash right now. Transformers, Iron Man and Forgetting Sarah Marshall are my only September pick ups unfortunetly. I picked up Heroes season 1 today, and usually I open my movies right up, but I havent opened it yet, and having plenty of buyers remorse (I had Heroes season 2 in my hand as well). Its becoming a terrible addiction
Old 08-27-2008, 03:05 AM

I usually like Peter's reviews, but why the bad marks on the ending? It was one of the best parts of the movie as it 1) isn't Hollywood 2) actually closes the story [though dark] instead of open to interpretation.

I'm anxiously awaiting this to be released. One of my favorite thriller/drama movies.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:17 AM

Yeah, I have no faith in Peter's movie reviews. It seems like he either hates or or is indifferent towards any movie made after 1979.

I thought that the Mist was a great one. I really liked the one location setup of the movie, and loved the ending. Glad to hear that the PQ, AQ, and features are good, though.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:31 AM

Dont know why he bags on the cg soo much. While it isn't anything spectactular it's by no means bad and was more than decent especially considering the budget of the whole movie was apparently only around US$18 million.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
It's funny...I actually liked the ending, but didn't care for the majority of film. It was all rather cliche, and mildly unrewarding. The actions of everyone was rather predictable, and it didn't seem to have any characters worth connecting with. So to hear others prefer the majority, but hate the ending of it...just kind of amuses me.

To me, the ending was the only thing the wasn't cliche. I just wished the rest of the film up to that point shared its balls.
King frequently has trouble with endings. The original story had one of the worst endings I've ever read in that it doesn't have one. King has admitted that he couldn't figure out where the story was going so he just stopped writing it and sent it to the publisher. In the book they
Spoiler
drive through the giant creatures legs and off into the mist. The end.

I think Darabont's ending is PERFECT for the story. In fact when King read it he said "I wish I would have thought of that!".