'Prison Break: Season 3' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-26-2008, 01:12 PM

Default 'Prison Break: Season 3' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth has reviewed 'Prison Break: Season 3.' He hasn't been impressed with the show's last two seasons. This Blu-ray slips through with excellent video, impressive DTS HD Master Audio, but piddly supplements. Rent this first.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1505...nbreak_s3.html
Old 08-26-2008, 01:21 PM

Guess you need to be a fan? I really like S3, even though it did "drag" a bit. I still picked it up on blu.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:22 PM

I watch the first 3 episodes and didnt get hooked. I figured If i help make this show popular then there goin to drag on cause lets be honest...You only really need 1 Season to break out of Prison before it drags. And look what happens...It trys to get most out of its popularity. So yes, I agree with Kenneth.
I think Ill pass and catch up on Heroes instead.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
O_o

While S3 isn't my fave, I still want to know what happens next so will watch until the season finale. Good review, I'm not planning to buy because I just never end up watching TV shows again. I do love the show, so would consider a box set finale when it ends.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:12 PM

Sheesh, the writers strike rears its ugly head yet again...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

While Season 3 is the weakest so far, I still love the show.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:13 PM

I remember when this show was about to come out the creator gave an interview where he said that Prison Break was supposed to be what's called a Tele Novella... A self contained season long show. It was only supposed to be one season and this totally had me stoked. The year before that I had my heart ripped out by several cancellations (Invasion was the big one). Then when the show did well they changed that. It was evident with its lame season 1 ending that we were in for a Class A milking. I stopped watching it right there.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:48 PM

Loved the first season. The second season took an immediate nosedive right from the premiere episode and never recovered, but I stuck with it anyway hoping that it would get better. I got about three episodes into Season 3 and decided that my time was just too valuable to be wasting it on this show anymore. Considering the news that's come out about Season 4:

Spoiler
They'll be bringing back a character who was previously decapitated!

It's clear that this show has turned into a bad soap opera. Anyone see the movie "Soap Dish" back in the day? They made fun of that very plot twist.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Former Member

josh, i'm working on season 2 now, about 5 episodes from finishing it, before i start 3, and i'll say: it definitely hit it's peak in season 1, although the T-Bag storylines in s2 are pretty good, s2 really is pretty lame. for christs sakes, a god damn chipmunk could capture these dumbasses.

c-note's storyline got stupid, sucre's storyline, same thing. i still LIKE the show, and want to see it to the end, but the awesomeness of s1 is impossible to match.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:35 PM

There was supposed to be another character in S3 and a spinoff series, but the writer strike killed that and pretty much half the season so they pretty much try to end it in a quick way. Hopefully, season 4 will be alot better