Cinevolve Jumps into Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-21-2008, 06:25 PM
PeterB

Default Cinevolve Jumps into Blu-ray

A newcomer named Cinevolve Studios has jumped into DVD earlier this year, and has now announced its first two Blu-ray titles:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/holi...dcarolers.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/line.html

Holiday Favorites with the Wonderland Carolers features 33 holiday tunes, and retails for $22.95. Street date is October 19.

The Line is an Australian cop thriller, and debuts November 25. MSRP is $29.95.

No tech specs yet, but as Cinevolve says it is aiming to release affordable Blu-rays, I suspect we won't see a ton of extras.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:24 PM

Thumbs down 29.95 discount???

Someone needs to tell these morons 29.95 is not a cheap price for a no name title no gives a rats ass about.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:27 PM

Also from Cinevolve on Blu-ray in Oct., "The F Word"

Hey there. Thanks for the great mention of our upcoming Blu-ray titles under our "CineBlu Collection".

Another title we have coming out in the 4th quarter is the Blu-ray version of the indie favorite "The F Word", which was a Tribeca Film Festival selection and released with IFC.

We are putting out a lower-cost SD DVD "2008 Election Year Edition" (SRP $14.95) and the Blu-ray at $22.95 on October 21st.

Thanks again for supporting us as we enter into the realm of Blu-ray. As a self-professed geek, I couldn't wait to get our new company on board with the new format. Stay tuned for more announcements and details.

I'm always open to feedback on what people are looking for in their Blu-ray titles as well, so feel free to write me.

All the best,
Arik Treston
Co-Founder/CEO
Cinevolve Studios
Old 08-22-2008, 03:30 PM

The moron is listening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnat View Post
Someone needs to tell these morons 29.95 is not a cheap price for a no name title no gives a rats ass about.
Compared to many studio's titles coming out at $39.95, having an SRP of $29.95 on that title, which is an acclaimed Australian film, is a good start. Many of our other Blu-rays are going to range anywhere from $14.95 to $22.95, with some being in the mid-to-high $20's.

Before you attack us too much, take into account that we are a new indie distribution company that is working to support the new format well ahead of many other distributors, even though it's a costly venture for any small company to get involved with.

Thanks for the creative feedback though.

Arik Treston
Cinevolve Studios
Old 08-22-2008, 05:14 PM

Talking I stand corrected

My apologies. Thanks for posting. I wish more studios would. Good Luck with the new venture!!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:22 PM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

that was great, any ways iam looking forward to picking up the line. as i have heard some great things about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfilm View Post
Compared to many studio's titles coming out at $39.95, having an SRP of $29.95 on that title, which is an acclaimed Australian film, is a good start. Many of our other Blu-rays are going to range anywhere from $14.95 to $22.95, with some being in the mid-to-high $20's.

Before you attack us too much, take into account that we are a new indie distribution company that is working to support the new format well ahead of many other distributors, even though it's a costly venture for any small company to get involved with.

Arik Treston
Cinevolve Studios
Old 08-23-2008, 01:30 AM

THE LINE (2007) seem obscure, only 8 people have rated it on IMDB. Sounds like risky business releasing it on Blu-ray, but the best of luck to you.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:05 AM

Glad they decided to put out the unrated version of that Caroling disc.The rated version left out the orgies.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfilm View Post

Arik Treston
Cinevolve Studios
Will these also be released here in Australia. If so when? Thanks for going Blu!!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-def-fanboy View Post
Will these also be released here in Australia. If so when? Thanks for going Blu!!
You are quite welcome! We are thrilled! It's a bit tough for us smaller indies to enter Blu-ray (and our margins are almost gone), but I want to be able to release High-Def from the get-go and not wait until everyone else jumps on.

As for the Line in Australia, I don't know if it will be Blu. We don't have Australian/New Zealand rights on it, but I'll check with the director and post back to you. It's a great film and an interesting take on the good cop/bad cop genre.

All my best!
Arik

ETA: As for our other films being on Blu-ray in Australia, unfortunately it will depend on the foreign rights of each title and its eventual distribution in Australia, so it's a bit early to know unfortunately.