'Street Kings' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-20-2008, 01:05 PM

Default 'Street Kings' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth's review of 'Street Kings' is up. He says the film is predictable, you've seen all of this in other films, but it delivers a decent tale. This Blu-ray edition features excellent video, powerful audio, and generous supplements. Worth a look.

Dull review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1588/streetkings.html
Old 08-20-2008, 01:33 PM

I'm waiting on the UPS guy right now!

I'm a David Ayer fan, with the exception of SWAT.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I'm waiting on the UPS guy right now!

I'm a David Ayer fan, with the exception of SWAT.
haha my UPS guy came about an hour ago. Watching this next. Got 'Life Before Her Eyes' in now.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:53 PM

just watched this last night, I'm a David Ayer fan too, but i gotta agree with this review, its decent but still just a rehash of alot of better crime dramas. There was points in the dialogue where I could guess what the character was gonna say, but i wish they wouldnt say it cuz' it was so cliche. worth a rent though.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Ill be buying this at some point. Even though amovie likethis has been done a thousand times ill still enjoy it.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:55 PM

I enjoyed this as much as training day and harsh times, but I will wait until it gets cheaper
Old 08-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Formerly candymangt

I may still pick this one up this week, but my wife is also asking to pick up Prom Night which I am so-so about getting. There are some cheap ones on ebay already so I may go that route with PN. Street Kings looks sweet though.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 PM

i'm a fan of david ayer but not a big fan, i'm a fan of training day because of denzel's fantastic performance and a fan of a poorly scripted harsh times because of christian bale's also fantastic performance. ayer's training day script is very good, but his harsh times script is mediocre and below average, with the street lingo wayyy over exaggerated with the "straight up pimps" and the "laterz". but i do want to see this but i'm going to have to either red box the dvd for a dollar or check out the pq for myself for 5 dollars because just about every other site said the pq was reference, and i'm curious if it is or not in my opinion.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
i'm a fan of david ayer but not a big fan, i'm a fan of training day because of denzel's fantastic performance and a fan of a poorly scripted harsh times because of christian bale's also fantastic performance. ayer's training day script is very good, but his harsh times script is mediocre and below average, with the street lingo wayyy over exaggerated with the "straight up pimps" and the "laterz". but i do want to see this but i'm going to have to either red box the dvd for a dollar or check out the pq for myself for 5 dollars because just about every other site said the pq was reference, and i'm curious if it is or not in my opinion.

That's how they do it out here in L.A.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:14 PM

I will probably blind buy Street Kings....but Keanu makes me cringe.