'Blood Diamond' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-19-2007, 03:27 AM
PeterB

Default 'Blood Diamond' -- pre-release buzz

Warner has finally announced 'Blood Diamond' for Blu-ray release:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ay,_HD_DVD/583

Unfortunately, while Blu-ray fans are getting it a month before the HD DVD, they are also losing out on considerable extras.

I'm a bit surprised by this... seems like Warner would just wait a few months for BD-Java to be finalized and do it right.

Let the discussion begin...
Old 04-19-2007, 04:00 AM

I don't really have much care about the extras that comes with the HD-dvd or Blu-ray anymore or dvd for that matter. I never did care in the first place. I for one don't have much time of the day to watch all the featurette that Blu-ray or HD-DVD are providing. So if Blu-ray is releasing it earlier then I'm buying it. All I care about is the movie and how good the picture and audio quality are and nothing more.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I'm disappointed in this BD release. Looks like I'll be buying it on HD DVD...
Old 04-19-2007, 04:40 AM

Like I always said, WB is so not format neutral
Old 04-19-2007, 04:55 AM

I like this move a lot better than delaying title after title while waiting for BD-J. I will be happy as long as BD gets the same video/audio treatment because this release has enough extras for me as it is. I wish that WB could do the same on The Matrix Trilogy (not that I would buy it, I only like the first one) and saving The Ultimate Matrix box until BD-J is ready. I think that they easily could, but like said, WB is not really format neutral!

Anyway, this is much more acceptable than giving the HD DVD version TrueHD while the BD version gets DD5.1!

Last edited by onyxx; 04-19-2007 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:47 AM

Going to be HD DVD on this one

When will BD-J actually be able to be used and compete with HD? Not for a while by the looks of it!

Old 04-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Formerly Delta_FX

I'm just happy that there is a Blu-ray version...

I only watch extras once and then forget about it. BD-J will be ready by the end of October, so that's only 5 months... after that, everything should be equal on Blu-ray and HD DVD, I think.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

Great news for bluray,who cares about extra?All I care is about the movie.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:39 AM

I have no choice on the matter, but things should balance out with the earlier release date. But if I did have a HD-DVD player, it's a no brainer.

I'd rather have the movie earlier than have it get "delayed" like WB's other upcoming releases. It's a fair game if you ask me.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 PM

Delta-FX,

Do you really think all will be equal? Just because they finalize BD-J doesn't mean Warner will choose to use it. "They" say BD-J is much a harder to develop as a result I would guess that Warner would have to spend more $$ on each BD-J enabled release for Development and QA. Maybe they'll just stick w/ HD-DVD added content...

I'm format neutral, so don't take this as a Blu-ray bash.