Blu-ray's 1st "Combo"? "Sleeping Beauty" Blu will also include bonus DVD of movie! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-10-2008, 11:13 PM

Default Blu-ray's 1st "Combo"? "Sleeping Beauty" Blu will also include bonus DVD of movie!

I just noticed an upgrade on Amazon for "Sleeping Beauty" from Disney that I thought deserved its own thread. It now says "Three-Disc Combo Blu-ray and Standard DVD." The illustration, though only an apparent mockup reads, "New 2-Disc Blu-ray PLUS Bonus DVD of the Movie." Sounds good and thank goodness they aren't going to try to paste it to the other side of a Blu disc. Plus Amazon still has a price of $23.95.

http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Beaut...=3R5JTFHMM5UQP

Has anybody heard any other news about this?

Last edited by bluskiessmingatme; 08-10-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:25 PM

I seen the picture the other day but didn't notice the change. I didn't even read the cover cause I just thought it was ugly so I passed it by.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandellG View Post
I seen the picture the other day but didn't notice the change. I didn't even read the cover cause I just thought it was ugly so I passed it by.

It won't be the actual cover, I'm sure. I think that's just Amazon's adding the text to the cover. The actual art will be like the one on the standard set, which I think is quite nice.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:44 PM

I think it is a good idea for Disney to do this. For a $4 price difference between this and the standard DVD set on Amazon, people who haven't got Blu-ray yet can buy it, and when they do switch give the standard DVD to their kids. Good marketing scheme.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Former Member

yeah, i was just going to buy the dvd, but if this HAS it AND the blu, for 23.95 on amazon, i think this will be the push i was needing.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 PM

good for me too because we only a DVD player for now in our bedroom. So we can have the option of viewing it in two different rooms if we want. It's gonna be a while before I can convince the g/f that we need a second HDTV and Blu-ray player.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
good for me too because we only a DVD player for now in our bedroom. So we can have the option of viewing it in two different rooms if we want. It's gonna be a while before I can convince the g/f that we need a second HDTV and Blu-ray player.

Just convince her you need a new g/f if she doesn't agree to it.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:53 PM

If this is true, then God, FINALLY. Digital Copy has nothing on a plain old DVD version of the movie--the quality isn't as good, you can't use it in a DVD player and it's a mess of passwords, expiration dates and platform incompatibility. And it requires a second disc anyway. I don't know why everyone's persisted in that instead of just making the second disc a DVD instead.

(I miss HD DVD/DVD combo discs. Waaah!)
Old 08-11-2008, 12:04 AM

i personally liked hd dvd combos and never understood why so many people hated them so i'm all for having a dvd version included
Old 08-11-2008, 12:07 AM

Well, this isn't really a "Combo" release. They're just sticking a separate DVD in the package with the Blu-ray.

This isn't the first time that's happened, either. Bandai Visual's anime Blu-ray releases have all been packaged that way. It's a very common thing in Japan as well.